No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt front end! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Hmmm.... I did a little body work, got the left quarter sort of roughed out. I also trimmed out the inner panel first, so I could get in there with a hammer and pry bar. And I mounted the door handle thingy inside the drivers door. Cut out the package tray and rear seat support, too. It's getting there, slowly but surely.
      Attached Files
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Good stuff Jim.........been following on Facebook but much better pics here.
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

• Your idea of moving slow still makes most of us looks like hung over sloths.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
            Your idea of moving slow still makes most of us looks like hung over sloths.
            That's for sure...

Comment

• If I was in the Gasser class I'd have the boot shakes. As is, damn good progress: is that thing gonna weigh 2500 with you and the aluminum lung rat in it?
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• I'm hoping for 2800, less would be nice...but I know how fast weight adds up with a big block, TH400, and 9" rear. Although I'm doing what I can to keep every pound off the car.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

• You shouldn't insult sloths like that..........
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• My "free horsepower" pile keeps growing...
                    Attached Files
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

• Are you weighing what goes on as well?

Comment

• Not really...I should. But I haven't really permanently installed any new parts yet, except the floor pans. And they are just replacing metal that rusted away.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

• so rust, having an extra oxygen in it, would be heavier, but as it falls off, wouldn't it be lighter? So... your floors added weight?

I'm kinda digging the tilt front end idea. Too much work or just not where you are heading with it?
                          Last edited by Beagle; December 29, 2013, 02:42 PM.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I like the idea too, but I'm looking at weight, etc and the tilt looks like not the best option.
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

• Tilt front ends were made for semi's not cars IMO , also they never look correct
                              Last edited by langleylad; December 30, 2013, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• That is going to be one bantam weight bruiser. Do you have to open up the rear fender wells or does ride height take car of that issue?
                                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                                X