No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 9" is 58" at the drums, which is just about perfect for the car, with stock wheel tubs and radiused quarters, and 7" wheels with tall not too wide tires. Stock spring location (although the whole floor where the springs attach will be moved forward 9")
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Piecrusts?
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• I'm considering these (the 8.20 blackwall version). Expensive. Probably not very sticky. Should be hilarious to watch it run...I hope to do some of those quarter track burnouts...

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Jim - I know your quest to keep it period correct - but what's the argument against a traditional bias ply slick for the track?
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Wrinkle walls weren't around in 1966.

And with the altered wheelbase, I shouldn't need them
            My fabulous web page

Comment

• Hey Squirrel , have you checked out Steve Magnante's book " How to build Altered Wheelbase Cars "? . It's loaded with info . He also has a how to DVD out , not that you don't know what you're doing . It is quite apparent that you do . I'm loving this build .

Comment

• Thanks!

I borrowed the book a couple months ago, my friend in Bisbee who I got some parts from had it. Lots of good info there, but also I've found a lot of things about how he built the Shaker that aren't what I want to do....especially when trying to build a car that's competitive for Drag Week.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

• Gratuitous street freak shot. I pulled the rear out of the Chevy II, and set the Ford rear under the leafs, since it was easier than putting it where it belongs...and I need to make U bolt plates too....and took some pics. Fut stuff. the new rear is almost ready to go into the Suburban, I need to get some brake parts for it.
                  Attached Files
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

• That cart is awesome.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• The cart *almost* works...but the cross rails need to be lower, so you can swing the thing around, and it needs a clamp to keep it from rolling. Then it would be awesome

I bought some parts from a guy several years ago, he gave me the cart
                      Last edited by squirrel; January 15, 2014, 03:34 PM.
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                        Which Suburban? I'm having a tough time keeping up.

Single Layer Fiberglass makes me think of the 50's Eames plastic chairs.

Oooh, those look light!
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                          Gratuitous street freak shot.

I pulled the rear out of the Chevy II, and set the Ford rear under the leafs, since it was easier than putting it where it belongs...and I need to make U bolt plates too....and took some pics. Fut stuff.

the new rear is almost ready to go into the Suburban, I need to get some brake parts for it.

Pinion angle looks a little bit out for my liking !
                          Last edited by langleylad; January 15, 2014, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• My bomber seats are aclose repro of B 17 seats made by a guy in Denver Co. They aren't cheap but well worth it. I'll get some pics tomarrow.
                            Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

• Ok, here's the pics of the seats.Click image for larger version

Name:	bomber seats 007.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	875574Click image for larger version

Name:	bomber seats 005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	875575
                              Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

• My back hurts just looking at those.....
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X