• Show
Clear All

• thanks
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      thanks
      That car's so lite & small I'm wondering what good it's going to do moving the rear forward 8 inches? It seems it would make it even more unstable than it already is.

Comment

• I guess you can always call the car "getting squirrely"

Comment

• Originally posted by Casper View Post
          That car's so lite & small I'm wondering what good it's going to do moving the rear forward 8 inches? It seems it would make it even more unstable than it already is.
          I do believe the front axle will be moved up about 4" if not more
          Last edited by langleylad; January 19, 2014, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
            I do believe the front axle will be moved up about 4" if not more
            "Getting Squirrely" still has a nice ring to it

Comment

• Slow down. Take a break. Don't work so fast. You are making the rest of look really bad!!!!
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                Slow down. Take a break. Don't work so fast. You are making the rest of look really bad!!!!
                I agree !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  Spend the day cleaning the undercoating off the bottom of the rear floor section. Yes, that's the original red primer. Yes, I'm planning to spray a new coat on and leave it. (after I get the floor all put back together)

Jim what was the technique tools you used to get something that old that clean and still leave the original primer? Amazing results.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• I used some secret tricks, learned from a friend who's been doing this stuff for several decades. Propane torch, putty knife, scrape most of it off. Then use gasoline and steel wool to get most of the rest off. Then we'll scuff it with something like reducer or lacquer thinner and scotchbrite before shooting on more primer on the bottom. Inside the car I'll probably spend a while using bondo and sanding, and a couple coats of primer to smooth it out.

In other words, it's just a lot of damn work.
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

• I was going to say in your half finished picture you didn't post you can see what appears to be a gasoline can next to it. That is a lot of damn work but at least it looks damn good!
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• I think he built a damn robot to do it! . Lol
                        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Damatronics
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• That's it Neal! That's Jim's secret! He's got a freaking army of working robots - no wonder he gets this stuff done so fast!
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• I should post some pictures of my hands...they're not looking too good right now.
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

• Gasoline didn't used to burn my skin - but now it does, not sure if I've gotten alergic to it, or it's the ethanol that didn't used to be in it.
                                Working in a well ventilated area sure is easy when you can work outside this time of year!

Keep working safely Jim - don't want to hear about this project or you going up in smoke from gas fumes!
                                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X