No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was planning to use a vise and chunks of steel to make a pretend brake to form the frame rails. Although a friend has a brake....might be able to use it.....but I don't know how easy it would be to form a "hat channel" on it?

I'm not worried about the flat parts of the floor oil canning, there won't be anyone's feet there.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      Me too, Casper. Caffeine Free Diet Coke is my one remaining sin - I don't smoke, drink alcohol, chase loose women, gamble, or mess with explosives. I don't eat sugar (diabetes), cheese (too much fat for my ailing heart) or dairy if I can avoid it, shellfish (love it but allergic) or melon (allergic). So I GOTTA have something. It's as close to excitement as I get in my life. Sad, ain't it?

Dan
      That is sad Dan , chin up !

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        I was planning to use a vise and chunks of steel to make a pretend brake to form the frame rails. Although a friend has a brake....might be able to use it.....but I don't know how easy it would be to form a "hat channel" on it?

I'm not worried about the flat parts of the floor oil canning, there won't be anyone's feet there.
        I put together a rough drawing to take to a local steel supplier / fabrication shop. They could only make so much of the "U" shape without running into problems. So - I had them make the the U as tight as they could ( more like a \_/ shape) then I hammered it and pressed it into the shape I wanted, but it was way easier than starting from scratch - especially in heavier gauges like frame rails.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• I still smoke but I have to have someone else light my cigarettes, spontaneous combustion.

Comment

• jim you might want to pick up the april 2014 issue of Rod N Custom, you'll know why when you see the car in the upper right hand corner of the cover
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• Interesting...right color, too. Not altered wheelbase. Nice car!
              Attached Files
              My fabulous web page

Comment

• Are you going to run a moon tank up front? I have that mag - they were making a big deal about the car not being easily put into a category for this reason or that. I'm with the owner - who cares what category it fits into - he likes it, he built it.

Comment

• No moon tank. No stereotype "gasser" gimmicks on this car....I'm just building it to be as close to how I can build a car I would have built in 1966 to go match racing. But with necessary differences to make it survive on the street, and fit within budget, and the limited parts availability today. There will be some things that aren't right, probably a lot of things, but I'm trying hard to get it mostly right.

Just wait till I get started on making the shifter....that'll blow your mind
                  Last edited by squirrel; January 22, 2014, 07:57 AM.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    No moon tank. No stereotype "gasser" gimmicks on this car....I'm just building it to be as close to how I can build a car I would have built in 1966 to go match racing. But with necessary differences to make it survive on the street, and fit within budget, and the limited parts availability today. There will be some things that aren't right, probably a lot of things, but I'm trying hard to get it mostly right.

Just wait till I get started on making the shifter....that'll blow your mind
                    you are such a tease !

Comment

• Originally posted by langleylad View Post
                      you are such a tease !
                      And one that can back it up!
                      Lookit his 'Burb... Kept saying "good nuff" then it was absolutely perfect!
                      (jeez.. Enuff gushing Bob! Makes you look girly)

Comment

• [QUOTE=

Just wait till I get started on making the shifter....that'll blow your mind[/QUOTE]

have you seen the Kilduff shifter, called Twister?

it appears to have a similar gate to the shifter in the photo you posted several pages ago

I noticed this shifter while i was checking out the shifter that is going into TSB's firebird
                        Last edited by 1badmonkey; January 22, 2014, 08:58 AM.
                        Charles

Comment

• Charles

Comment

• I looked at that one. It's kind of the same idea....but quite different execution. I've been sketching out how I'm going to build my copy of the old B&M, looks pretty straight forward. The fun part will be how high it sticks up, and figuring out how to do the tunnel, and have easy access to the moving parts, but also seal it from heat/moisture coming from below. I'll figure it out...
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

• A little more progress, it's nice having help from a real body guy.
                              Attached Files
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

• I will be interested to see how she comes together from here, are you using a wheel well arch from another vehicle to graft in or starting from scratch?

Comment

Working...
                                X