• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing more paint.

Attached Files
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Did some sandblasting on the door jambs, window openings, dash, firewall, etc. Then I decided it's time to finish the floor, so I put the body on it's side to make that easier.

Attached Files
      My fabulous web page

Comment

• Hahahaha , it will be easier alright !

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          Did some sandblasting on the door jambs, window openings, dash, firewall, etc. Then I decided it's time to finish the floor, so I put the body on it's side to make that easier.

Nice! Very cool!
          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
          74 Nova Project
          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
          79 Chevy Truck Project
          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Just saw this Jim, great job!!!

We are a steel fabricator in Chandler, I could have made some of the parts you needed, looks like too late though haha. Let me know what parts you may need, we have lots here in Phoenix area.

Tony 602-481-9162
            Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
            Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
            Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
            Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

• Not really too many parts I need fabricated that I can't hammer out here, but thanks! Work continues on the floor. Weekend had lots of robot stuff going on..but that's mostly over for about a month, so back to work. I have been messing with the floor, added the drive shaft hoop, cleaning up welds, moved the gas tank supports, re did the shackle mounts, cleaned off all the undercoating, etc. Almost ready to start bondoing. but I might also add some "torque boxes" to tie the front subframe to the rockers, as well as the front cage mount on the floor.
              Attached Files
              My fabulous web page

Comment

• BONDOING THE FLOOR, why?

Comment

• The car is gonna sit way up high....it's not going to have any carpet inside....I want it to look like an original car that's only a few years old, that got stripped and turned into a race car. The floor will be quite visible, and folks are gonna look at it, both on top and from below.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

• it's a race car not a show car.. grind the welds. add a little puddy and call it good

Comment

• It turns out that it's not only a race car, it's also a show car. I expect it will end up in more car shows, than races.
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

• I don't see anything wrong with smoothing up the floors. You're doing it right. I worked on a car once that someone had done that, problem was they didn't do all the repairs they should have. The guy paid to have floors done, and less than 6 months later the car was getting frame rails, quarters, etc. What a mess

Comment

• when I did the old truck it was painted inside and out the same... I smooth the welds patches than on the inside put carpet over the work... Your doing a very nice job on this build wish I could see it this year taking a year off Maybe DW15
                          Last edited by quick 52; February 21, 2014, 07:59 AM.
                          Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                          Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            but I might also add some "torque boxes" to tie the front subframe to the rockers, as well as the front cage mount on the floor.
                            was wondering if you were going to add rail connectors or something...

Looking good!
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• There will be sill bars on the cage, connecting the front and rear hoops just above the floor.
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

• Nothing better than a nicely finished bottom.

Great progress. It's with considerable anticipation that many of us look forward to your first track video.
                                Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Working...
                                X