62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's a surprise...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• You can suggest colors....but I'm probably going to use one of the original 1962 Chevy II colors. If the blue looks ok when I paint the test panel, I'll probably go with it. If not, then the red, white, or cream colors are next in line
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• white with the red oxide primer inside like you mentioned would really look cool...
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• The '62 Chevrolet 'Silver Blue' or the darker one?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=876299.JPEG
Views:	214
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	916916 It's a sort of darker blue. The cowl is original paint, preserved by being hidden under the fender most of it's life
            My fabulous web page

Comment

• That was the colour of my 64 Chevy II , my first car that I bought in 1976 for $600

Comment

• I've always been a fan of the light to medium blue metallic range of colors - I don't think you can go wrong staying close to that original paint Jim.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• The test painting with the Nassau blue didn't go too well....I got tiger stripes, pretty bad. I think I'll go with a solid color. Roman Red is top on my list. Although I'm kind of liking the Corona Cream they had, but one distinct advantage of the red is that the inside and outside are the same color. Makes painting it significantly easier than cream outside, fawn inside. Another advantage is that the red isn't too far off from the primer color that will be all over the inside and bottom of the car.

Been piddling with body filler. 2nd gallon can is getting pretty low. But it's not very thick anywhere, most of it ended up on the floor.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• I think the Corona Cream color would look good and you don't really need two red cars do you?
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• I'm a big fan of "butter yellow" from the early 60s , at least I believe that's what Chevy called it . This machine is looking awesome , keep up the good work my friend .

Comment

• are these the correct colors? That red is about your primer color... easier to cover. Those don't seem right for some reason. This was a '64 sheet, I'm "feeling" the yellow on this one.

sucks I can't read any of it. Wait - magic! Now I can.
                        Last edited by Beagle; March 14, 2014, 06:18 PM.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Not quite...try these

My fabulous web page

Comment

• I'm definitely thinking the Roman Red will look great!

Comment

• Twilight Turquosie for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                                Been piddling with body filler. 2nd gallon can is getting pretty low. But it's not very thick anywhere, most of it ended up on the floor.
                                That is how it is supposed to work. Not that you don't already know that. It looks like you are making great progress!
                                Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                                74 Nova Project
                                66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                                79 Chevy Truck Project
                                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Working...
                                X