No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched a program about a early 60s Corvette that had been restored and taken to show . Points were deducted because the bottom side of the rockers were completely painted . Apparently when they were painted back in the day ,they were not able to get down low enough to paint them completely .

Comment

• Trying to do the bodywork on a Vette, and leave it with the original ridges along the seams, must be a real challenge. I did a little of that on my Chevy II, making sure not to use the long board on the sail panels where the C pillar meets the roof. But I got it way too straight in several other places (and not nearly straight enough in even more)
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Sounds like you matched 60's body work pretty well then! The worst I ever saw was a 70 Coronet. My folks were new car shopping and being a 14 YO gear head I went with them to make sure they didn't come home with a lame six cyl. The Coronet was a green metallic more door with a green vynal top. The paint had the worst orange peel, I think a roller with 1/2" knap would have been smoother. Panel figment was just a suggestion. Luckily we didn't buy it. Oh yeah, this was in the Dodge showroom. We ended up with a 304 powered green four door Rebel with manual steering and drum brakes. It actually ran pretty well and handled pretty good too. I had a lot of fun with it once I had my license.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• It's hard to not do the body work as best you can. Although there are limits....I get tired and want to move on, even though I know I should spend another hour on that door.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• As I work with guys to introduce them to body work I always tell them that hardest part is knowing when to stop. Nobody can see both sides of the car at the same time. Doesn't mean that you don't do the best that you can.

Dan

Comment

• Back to work....sprayed some paint on it. Just the underneath parts, though.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• It's rrrrrrrrreeeeedddddddd.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Single stage Jim? Looks great!

How in the world do you spray in there and not make a total mess out of the place?? When I shoot, it looks like a battlefield.........
                  Last edited by oletrux4evr; April 8, 2014, 06:38 PM.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• I'm guessing an HVLP gun?
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• This time it did ok, not much overspray....but when I painted the suburban it got everything turquoise. I run the swamp cooler for cool filtered ventilation.

The color is 62 Chevy Roman Red, it has a lot of orange in it...hard to get good accurate color with a digital camera and fluorescent lights.
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

• I've got the same problem with Earl.....the gold pearl reflects as orange through the red..........that 62 is gonna be gorgeous!
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Its a common problems with digital cameras and the color red. Their chips still cant deal with the color.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• A few more pics, with flash.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Looks a lot of orange, but flourescent lights play hell with colors. As expected, it looks great! Do Mrs. Rocket J. Squirrel's cone crushing buddies have corner scales?
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• looks great! is that single stage? will you (is it needed / recomended) scuff the areas of "over spray" before shooting the pannels?
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X