Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you ever sleep ? , the Eveready Bunny has nothing on you Jim ! nice work

Comment

• thanks! Back to work...and I got some help this morning, Dan and I put a lot of the cage in in about 3 hours.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Is that steering shaft collapsible Jim? I can't tell by looking at the pictures.

Comment

• No, it's a solid piece of 3/4" steel skewer.
          My fabulous web page

Comment

• I hope it's just temporary man, we'd kind of like to keep you around for a while. You're only as good as you're weakest link.

Comment

• The master cylinder will scare you too, when I install it.
              My fabulous web page

Comment

• The brakes have nothing to do with you eating that wheel.

Comment

• did you notice where the other end of the column is?
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    did you notice where the other end of the column is?
                    Did you know there's kids reading this Jim?

Comment

• You probably know this but you can make a slider out of mid 70's GM columns.. Just need to heat and remove the plastic stuck in them.. You might not like the slop then.. Just pull one apart and it is a flattened pipeish shaft.. Our main steering shaft is a Freightliner shaft.. Way too big for your use.. But seeing where/how you have your's mounted.. You should be fine..

Comment

• I'm not worried about it. The steering shaft is short, it's not like later GM cars where it runs from just behind the front bumper.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

• I used to use the shaft out of an old Datsun pickup with a PTO joint on the box.. Generally when the car folds, the steering wheel starts to go closer to my body and up... One car was eye level.. Lol.. I would think the frame will not collapse..as you have no crushbox...

Comment

• If the area between me and the steering box crushes, I'm in deep doo doo anyways
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                              If the area between me and the steering box crushes, I'm in deep doo doo anyways
                              For sure! ;). Most of the times cars go up on impact, but there are times they go down..other times they just go straight back.. Just can't predict it.. Just duck on impact and you will be fiiine;)) better yet, don't hit anything!

Comment

• When we went on power tour in 2011 at Cocoa Beach Florida, a local had a sweet little ride crash at the pre-registration and we were one of the first on the scene,, http://www.midfloridacruisers.com/pr...ower-tour-2011 please reconsider a collapsible column as I would hate to loose another over such a small detail...

at least they were able to revive the driver long enough to say goodbye to his family... he was a local club member who had volunteered to help...he had the throttle stick

and only went 60 feet into a light pole station collapsing the steering wheel into his chest cavity... such a waste, but it must have been his time to go,

~http://api.ning.com/files/0tB7QXMoCz....JPG?width=750

Last edited by silver_bullet; April 17, 2014, 05:18 PM.
                                Patrick & Tammy
                                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                                X