No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll let you all know how it's going. I plan to have the car there no matter how far from "done" it is.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Done or not I have no doubt it will be well recieved. There arent too many cars like this round these parts...if they are they are hiding in garages and never see the light of day. I may head down your way this weekend, supposed to be a Mustang show down there Saturday.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Ok. I'll be a little busy Saturday, Steven is coming down and buying a traitor car....but give me a call we should be able to get together if you have time
        My fabulous web page

Comment

• I think I just figured out how Jim gets everything done in no time at all. His kid built a robot assistant which artificial intelligence took over and replaced Jim with a cyborg clone.

OMG, I now have a new idea for a movie script !!!
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            Ok. I'll be a little busy Saturday, Steven is coming down and buying a traitor car....but give me a call we should be able to get together if you have time
            A traitor car? is that Foreign or made in this decade lol?

If i do head down I'll give you a holler, maybe I can swing by and check out the Chevy II.
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• See you tomorrow, Joe!

Got the D bars and headrest support and seat support welded on to the cage. I added a cross brace across the bottom to attach the seat harness. I hope it's ok. Worked on the dash some, piddled with the engine some more, playing with tach location, etc. I need to pull the distributor and move it a little, so the tach cable comes out at a better angle. Then drill some holes for that cable, and the tubes for the gauges. I made a couple little ball studs to mount the gas pedal, once I figure out exactly where it wants to be.

Last edited by squirrel; May 2, 2014, 11:00 PM.
              My fabulous web page

Comment

• Looks real close to firing up!

Comment

• Unfortunately it's a long ways from firing up. I still have to build headers...plumb brakes...fuel...wires...the list is still endless.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    Unfortunately it's a long ways from firing up. I still have to build headers...plumb brakes...fuel...wires...the list is still endless.
                    I said "looks". ... But I have no doubt you'll make it... 15 days is some time, might not be alot.. But it is some..

Comment

• I hung out with Jim today for a bit while he wrenched on the Chevy II. You guys need to see this thing, It's freaking awesome.

Comment

• I may be a bit jealous.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• I know I'm jealous , Jim it looks like there's not much arc left in those front leafs

Comment

• They're flatting out nicely...

Joe helped a bit installing the shifter. It works, but needs a lot of little things finished...and that's just the shifter. I still need to start on plumbing and wiring and stuff.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Played with the front fenders.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Jim, it's looking good, keep up the great work, see you in T-Town.

Comment

Working...
                                X