Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn its getting there fast!
    Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• WOW that looks amazing!!!
      Local person
      sigpic

Comment

• Dang, Jim. That thing is super bad.
        Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

• Looking great, can't wait to see it in Tulsa
          1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
          1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

• You going to add some wheelie bars?
            Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
            Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
            Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
            Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

• Yeah, I have most of the design for the wheelie bars worked out. They'll be easily removable, with two bolts per side. Attach at the spring plate under the axle, and the original shackle hangar at the back of the car, just in front of the bumper. Spring loaded, telescoping vertical tubes, and a flat bar coming back from under the axle.
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• I just realized you are still using the cable drive tach. Not sure why I'm surprised, but I was
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• It's the only way to fly. Electronics were't very sophisticated in 1966, so I'm not using any on this car.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

• I love that cable driven tach, I have heard of them but not old enough to ever see one. Pretty neat set up.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Is that way tachs are rare on old cars?
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

• THey were expensive, and most cars didn't really need one.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

• (copy paste from my post on the hamb, since it's late and I'm tired)

I took some stuff apart to do more work. I finally got the front shocks mounted, and added the snubbers between the frame and spring. Cleaned and painted some of the front parts, and swapped the smaller blower pulley onto the bottom. Now it's 3% over, which should get me around 6 or 7 psi boost, I think. This engine is 435 cubes, the one in the 55 that the blower was on previously is 454, not much difference. I got about 5 psi up here in 4500 ft Sierra Vista with the 55 at 3% over.

I also spent quite a bit of time today figuring out what parts to buy, mainly for the brakes and fuel plumbing. I also put the fuel pickup into the tank. The tank is a new repop stock unit, and I decided to just put a 1/2" pickup tube in it, about 1/3 way back. The bottom of the tank slants forward...so I guess I need to keep half a tank or more of fuel in it when I'm racing, so it won't starve. I am going to run 1/2" aluminum hard line from the pump to the firewall, and there it will have the regulator and two braided lines running to the carbs. I am using nickel plated AN fittings, they are not quite period correct, but they're not too obnoxious like the red/blue ones. If I didn't have to meet NHRA rules, I'd run a lot of normal rubber fuel line, but they only let you use 6 inches total on the whole car.

spy shot of the pickup tube and sender inside the tank. I checked the sender with an ohm meter after I installed it, it gets 0 ohms empty, 30 ohms full.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• I'm still working on it. Started playing with the headers, got one kind of figured out, but it needs more tweaking to get everything where it needs to be. I've been putzing around with the interior, got the cage painted (except the pass side door bar which I still have to weld in). Using rustoleum semi gloss and a brush, it's slow going and has some runs and lumps etc, but it looks ok for an old race car. Installed the windshield, got the seat all done, painted the parts of the shifter, put more stuff in the dash, etc. Working on fuel plumbing, brake plumbing, etc. I got the traction bars almost all built, and the rear shocks are mounted.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Looking good!
                              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                              74 Nova Project
                              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                              79 Chevy Truck Project
                              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• whose header kit are you using ?

Comment

Working...
                                X