Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you do very nice work Jim

Comment

• Why am I hearing (on the radio of my mind), ........ "WITH HIS FRONT WHEELS 13 FEET IN THE AIR!!!!!! SUNDAY!!!!!!!

Dan

Comment

• do you paint in the garage with the doors closed? I am curious to how you don't asphixiate yourself with all the painting you do.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I have an evaporative cooler, which moves a lot of air. I open a window on the opposite side of the shop, and the cooler blows fresh, filtered air right at me. And I wear a respirator, of course.

I need to quit painting, it's not good for me.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• There is no cure for Red Lung.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Nice progress
              Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
              Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
              Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
              Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

• I'd LOVE to have access to a booth but I've sprayed many cars in a situation similar to Jim's. I buy the 3M disposable respirators (pn 07192) and change them often. That said, given the lack of a booth and my increasing awareness of my own mortality I'm thinking about giving up painting and subbing it out. It hurts my heart and my wallet to pay for crappier work than I can do myself, though.

Part of the trick is to shag out of the space as soon as possible following shooting paint. The dust can settle and the air can thin itself out and there's no sense in watching that happen.

Dan
                Last edited by DanStokes; May 14, 2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• I hope to attempt bodywork and paint in the next two years. I have a spare evaporative cooler and a window in my shop area and the shop doors even when closed are quite leaky. The guy I bought the place from said he had painted a few vehicles in there.

Comment

• You'll need to do something with your floor - maybe HD plastic sheeting. I'd also make something to keep your air hose off the dirt. Or maybe this is a good excuse for more concrete!

Love to help you get started if you do it around Speed Week.

Dan

Comment

• Back to the Chevy II....I'm done for this week. Hauling the car up to Tucson for the Reunion drag meet. I'll be in the car show area, static display only. I figure I'm about a day from being able to fire up the engine, and probably a week from having it fully drivable.

And a bird's eye view of the finished headers

My fabulous web page

Comment

• The headers look great!

Comment

• Lots of awesomeness.. Too bad you can't make any passes.. Sometimes the sand in the hour glass runs out... You'll get it done.. No doubt about that!

Comment

• That's bad ass!
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Looking great Jim. Is that blower pulley a modern piece? I cant recall ever seeing on beveled like that. Looks neat.
                              Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

• The blower pulley is a new one (last year), I just added the bevel to make it look different. The drive setup is such that there's an extra half inch of pulley hanging out the front, so I added the bevel to hid that fact. The extra is a result of changing from 3" belt to 2" belt.
                                My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X