No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe a piece of round tube between the casters?

Comment

• Why? there's plenty holding them in place...

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• I was thinking it would help keep the car straight when you stand it up Jim, kind of like a sway bar helps body roll. I like the way you did the top mounts.

I also think they'll be less likely to fold if you stand it up on an angle with a little more rigidity.
        Last edited by Casper; June 27, 2014, 11:52 PM. Reason: afterthought, now f*ck off

Comment

• Apparently it's not an issue....

10.58, in the thin Tucson air....and I let off early, since the oil pressure gauge started going down when I got close to the traps.
          My fabulous web page

Comment

• A couple more views.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• NICE !!!!! work Jim , I wouldn't have thought mid 10s ! apparently you know what your doing , not that that's a surprise

Comment

• Nice... and don't get me wrong Jim, I dig the wheelie bars.

Comment

• Jim, well done.

It's fantastic to see it get down the track, it sure gets moving.

The build has been a highlight of Bangshift for the few short months that it's been happening.

Looking forward to following your progress during Drag week form my PC in Australia.

As I'm sure you know the winning time in Gasser last year was 10.54 at 125.17mph, .05 to find!
                  Last edited by 65RHDEER; June 28, 2014, 01:50 AM. Reason: more
                  Tim
                  Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Wow 10.50s out of the box! What are the 60' and 1/8 times? Looks like the wheelie bars are doing their job. I can not remember did you weigh it front to back?
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

• Very cool!
                      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                      74 Nova Project
                      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                      79 Chevy Truck Project
                      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Saweeeet!
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Nice work, Jim! It's great to see it head down the track, doing the work for which it was designed. I can't remember (no surprise!) - is that wheelie bar design period-correct? I just can't place it in my mental history of drag racing.

Dan

Comment

• thanks! I was running drag radials, I don't have the bias ply tires for the car (atlhough the new slicks arrived yesterday as I was getting the car ready to go to the strip). I need to spend some $$$ to get the wheels/tires all sorted out...I still have to get some skinny old wheels for the front, and a set of bias ply street tires.

Time slips below, car number 33, as you saw in the video. note the low mph on the second pass, I shut down a little early because I remembered to look at the oil pressure gauge, and it was starting to drop (down from around 50 to around 40 psi) as I approached the traps. The oil gauge is the left one of the three in the dash, if you want to look at it in the video.

Also the breather problem is still with me, the windshield got a light oiling on the first pass, and a bit worse on the second. I need to do some modifying of something.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Wicked sounding and quick moving! Awesome!

To arm charm mechanic, I wonder if the oil is aerating. All that splashing as the oil drains back downwards through the lifter valley.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Sweeeeet the car looks and runs great nice job... Think there a lot left in it have lots of time to TNT
                                Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                                Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Working...
                                X