No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pan is a 7 qt Moroso with a big notch in it to clear steering linkage. No tray. I have 6 qts of oil in, it has more serious starvation issues when I put more in.

The guy in the new Camaro is one of my wife's co workers, we talked to him a while after the run. He needs to get sticky tires on it. Has a blown LSA engine, it's a rather powerful car. But the rubber band tires don't hook so well. He was kind of surprised how well my car disappeared off the starting line
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• I just re-watched the videos. Damn that things sounds GOOOOOOOD!
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• heh...thanks! I do that too, it's fun to listen to
        My fabulous web page

Comment

• Are you hitting the wheelie bars off the line. Work on getting the 60 ft consistent and you will be taking home that jacket.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Mike ran 9.80 with his Henry J....

I don't know what's going on in back, I don't think it's launching hard enough to need the wheelie bars. If it had more stall, it might launch harder.
            My fabulous web page

Comment

• Picture taken by the track photographer. The flash in the video is this pic being taken, I think. Janet bought it for me...shows what happens on the line.

A fun ride! This was my second run in the car, first run was 11.01 with some wheelspin. So this time, I did a real burnout. Blown 427, TH400, etc.

flash is best seen from inside the car around 0:50 in the video, just after the light turns green. btw my reaction time was .16

Last edited by squirrel; June 29, 2014, 11:26 AM.
              My fabulous web page

Comment

• If I was any good at photo shop I'd put "The NutSlinger" on the side of that car.

Comment

• Schlitz!!! Great picture! And good on Janet to pick it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post

If you find a PAE 4000 stall, let me know! I have a 3000 now. I talked to a guy at a converter place last year, he didn't really have any good suggestions for the 55, with the power level and the amount of highway driving I do with it with mild rearend gearing.
                    No dice on my end here. This is what the guy who rebuilds them responded with:
                    You can't get that Stall from a 12" converter without destroying it's function in high stall. I can push the stator high angle to 5" and get maybe 3500 out of it, but I would in no way shape or form warrantee such a thing in that application.

If he needs that much converter, I would suggest that he needs a 9.5" fixed pitch.
                    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; June 29, 2014, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• That's not surprising, pretty much the same thing the guy at Continental said. Thanks
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

• I figure you'll be knocking on 9.99 without it once you get it all sorted out. Unless the old school slicks you end up running slow it down.

Comment

• That is possible, they're quite a bit taller. Although I can play with the gearing to make up for it. My guess is it will go quickest with 3.50 or 3.70 gears
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

• Started on the hood last night. I added 1" round tube across the back, and 3/4" along each side, to stiffen it. Getting the bend in the tube just right is a pain, and I'm having to do some more work on it after tacking it in place, to try to get it to fit just right. Still a ways to go, there's a nasty bulge along the rear edge. I cut the hole, still needs some trimming, then I'll add a 1/2" tube from the front to the back of the hood along each side of the hole, and another short one across the front and back of the hole I think it will be plenty stiff with that reinforcing. The hood was really wobbly after cutting out all the inner bracing, but it also cut the weight significantly...it started at around 50 lbs, it will be about 25 when I'm done.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Almost a shame to cover up the mill, but it looks pretty good already. I'm sure the next time we see it, the usual Squirrel persuasion will have it looking perfect.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Great progress Jim, Next time you go out let me know I would love to come out and watch.
                                Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                                Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                                Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                                Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X