No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, I'm going to see if they're racing at Wild Horse this summer, I'd like to drive it up there and run.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• They should be running a full schedule from what I've read. By way of ET comparison, when I ran my car at Tucson in 2012 and then went on to Tulsa for DW it went from 10 teens to 9.90's avg. The air was decent at SIR the night we went there and we had some heat and humidity at DW that year. So I'd guess you will be very close to the 9's on a full pass if the weather is typical for the time of year. You can cheat the oil supply with a remote dual filter and still be period correct. Very nice clean first passes, a testament to your hard work and well thought out setup.
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Thanks Bill, I appreciate it. My 55 went well over half a second quicker in the midwest than it ever did in Tucson. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Ordering the rest of the tires and stuff to get it all bias ply, so I can see how the skinny slicks work. As soft as the car takes off, I think it will be ok. I may want to run more gear with them as they're about 3" taller. I hope they fit! if not, I may end up doing some wheel well surgery.

More hood work tonight, I'm working on the front, seeing if I can get the hood and grill to be roughly the same shape. I'll probably set my "fit" tolerance at around 1/4" for this project. The parts are pretty well beat to crap.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Jim, I'm really enjoying this thread! Great work!
          Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

• It looks SO good with the hood on.
            Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

• thanks! I finall got the hinges done...took two tries to get the geometry right, then I discovered that what I ended up with is basically "circle track" hinges. The pivot is above the hood. The hinge bolt is kind of ugly but it works well. Now...bodywork...what fun!

My fabulous web page

Comment

• bodywork ....... tell me about it !!!!!!

Comment

• Slung some mud today. About ready for primer.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• Jim's got it right. If you don't round those corners you're asking for stress cracks. I'm really impressed with his work.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      I had a lot coming out of the dipstick, so I took it out and capped the tube.

Might get some wrist sweat bands for now...
                      Tried all the same stuff on my Chevy II. Finally installed the Moroso crankcase evacuation breather kit and welded the tubes into the collectors. No more oil leaks ! Quick and easy fix.

Comment

• thanks, sounds like that might be the plan for me too.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

• Those evac systems tend to not work well with exhaust systems unless they flow really well, would for sure work when your headers are open though.
                          1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                          1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

• Originally posted by snkbte View Post

Tried all the same stuff on my Chevy II. Finally installed the Moroso crankcase evacuation breather kit and welded the tubes into the collectors. No more oil leaks ! Quick and easy fix.
                            WELCOME! Good to see another idiot added to the group (I count myself as an idiot, BTW).

Dan

Comment

• Working on the hood still. Second coat of primer. I'm using the good old fashioned lacquer stuff, it's fun after all these years of using the urethane.

And I got the prop rod done. Has a fancy pin at the top to hold it in place when the wind is blowing, etc. And a clip to store it. Hinged at the bottom.

My fabulous web page

Comment

• the prop rod pins! love it! great idea!
                                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                                X