No announcement yet.

62 Chevy II AF/X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was kind of cool, and humid, getting ready to rain. 3000 ft elevation. I have no idea what the magic number was, but Joe ran his mustang (on new tires) and went quicker than he had before.

car 33 left lane

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Wow, Very nice!!! What do you think it will run at the DW tracks?
      Local person
      sigpic

Comment

• I'm hoping around 10.1 to 10.2s. We'll see.
        My fabulous web page

Comment

• trying to upload the video I took now...a little slow going for some reason....
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Here it is

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Awesome Jim! How gratifying it must be for you to put that beast together and then go out and run so well. Good luck at DW, I'm looking forward to seeing you and your car.

Comment

• thanks!

I have been piddling around the with the car a little, getting things finished up and ready for the big trip. Made a console/stereo/cupholder thingy, from wood, that I can pull out of the car quick and easy for racing.

I also messed with the cooling system a little, added a hose from the rear of the heads to the thermostat housing, and drained the anti freeze and added water and water wetter. Seems to run a tad cooler, I think. Should be ok for the trip, it's never boiled over, at least. It has got up to 240 in Tucson in traffic. It was around 225 when I pulled into the shop today after driving home from Bisbee in the near 100 degree heat, but it was only 205 on the highway doing 65.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

• nice console!
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• thanks! Bonus...it fits in my Suburban, too. So we can use it for the whole trip.
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

• I had to re-read your post... kept thinking that looks like speaker cloth.

Using one of David's amplifiers? Looks like a USB port between the two lighter sockets. Neato!
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• It's one of David's amplifiers, from the bike boom box, but that is entirely hidden underneath. The USB hole for charging, and the two cig lighter holes, are a charger unit I got at Walmart. The speaker grille cloth is a place mat from the kitchen section of Walmart. The iPod/phone rack is cut out of a dish drainer, from the kitchen section of Walmart.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

• Are you sure it wasn't from the kitchen section at Casa Forbes? (I promise I won't tell).

Dan

Comment

• We don't have stuff that nice here at home.
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

• Saw you on the live feed this morning Jim, looking good.
                              sigpic

Comment

• 10.25 at 130mph is move'in!
                                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X