Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    Saw one of his runs here in indy . Put a smile on my face .

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    I saw that too.....only about 1.5 seconds separate all three.

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Jim is currently sitting 3rd in A Gas at Drag Week, and as long as he finishes he'll get third as there are only three left in his class. 2nd place is currently about a second quicker at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• langleylad
    replied
    Jim , I know that you get around but you just keep popping up on YouTube. Last night I was watching Race Status Garage and it was day 2 of Drag Week and there you are in the lanes and tonight on Robby V’s Garage at the Duct Tape Drags in the pits !. Some how that Chevy II just sticks out ! . Love that thing ! lol

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    One of my happy times was running into Jim at Bonneville, the last time in the Hudson. He DRIVES!

Dan

Leave a comment:

• 65RHDEER
    replied
    Yep, driving the car to and from the event is fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• langleylad
    replied
    I love this car and the Cuda as well . Saw you a couple of times in the 1320 Videos , glad you made it home safe and sound .

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    No Blasphemi, but a kinda quick altered wheelbase car...kind of like mine, but with a 540, 8-71, and EFI with a bug catcher on it. Neat car, got first place with low-mid 9 second runs every day.

Anyways, I'm back home. I had set the odometer at zero when I built the car. It's getting up there, now

Click image for larger version

Name:	speedo after.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	1306510

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Thanks....it's always interesting to see who show up!

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    best part is Blasphemy is waiting for parts and won't be there - knock em dead

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Hope it turns out......been a long dry spell.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Back to Plan II....

Drag Week is coming up soon. I'm not signed up, and really have no idea how many of the 400 registered folks will show up, or how many of the hundreds on the wait list will show up, or how many they'll let in, etc.

I also have things going on at home that make it kind of difficult to take a couple weeks away. But I also have a great wife, who is planning to take care of things for me.

So I've been tinkering with the car and getting it ready, in case I can go. Did some looking over, changed all the fluids, everything looks good...except the transmission fluid was rather burned, and left a bit more gray stuff in the pan than it usually does. So I decided to pull it out and apart, and it did indeed have a fried direct clutch, even though it shifted fine when I took it to the strip in July. Anyways, some new parts and it's back together now. And I can start packing stuff, although it's mostly already set up for road trips, having been on so many.

This might turn into another adventure, we'll see what happens.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3rd clutches.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	1303643

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    I think 9.89 is pretty quick when things are 'right' too.........

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    No, I didn't. Brian was not able to get parts to fix the Lenco in the nitro car in time, so he didn't make it, and I was mostly going up there to see him....oh well, maybe next time? He's talking about setting up another race in May.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Did you make it to George Ray's?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X