No announcement yet.

Search and Rescue K9 (SAR 4 posh)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedometer, tach, anti-lock brake system, HVAC, oil sensor, glow plugs, ignition circuit, cruise..... list goes on and on - and the stupid thing about the discovery is the unrelated bits
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• That's still cheaper than a transmission controller for a electronic automatic... I'm starting to think that is a very odd combination of parts and maybe tough to find the right Yuppie prepper SHTF type to sell it to.

on a more positive note, is that the first time you've heard it run?
      Last edited by Beagle; September 1, 2015, 06:30 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        That's still cheaper than a transmission controller for a electronic automatic... I'm starting to think that is a very odd combination of parts and maybe tough to find the right Yuppie prepper SHTF type to sell it to.

on a more positive note, is that the first time you've heard it run?
        Dang Beags, I'm a Yuppie prepper now? did a Californian move in next to you in your sub-tropical oasis? perhaps someone swapped your beer for bud light? geesh.

yes, it was the first time I heard it run. A reminder - after having to pull the transmission to fix a leak (the seller split the case to drain the oil and didn't bother mentioning it), and noting that the timing belt had been changed (which would be unnecessary on a 55k mile motor) - I was concerned that I basically got scrap metal instead of a running motor. I still haven't changed my mind (that he's the poster child of a thieving ebay seller).... but at least now I can hope to get my money out of it.
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 1, 2015, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• I didn't say that you WERE a Yuppie Prepper, although I wouldn't want to undermine your aspirations to become one, if that's your thing... simply that listing a diesel conversion Land Rover with an automatic on CL may generate some curious responses.

Comment

• I buy viehcles with the thought "can I afford to fix it if...?".
            This, while very cool and kinda droolworthy, falls into the "no" list...
            Whomever gets this is gonna be lucky.. Hopefully your wife.. And it does not prove to ve "unlucky"
            I get where your concerns are.. It was so frustrating getting a motor from a guy for my derby cars before sticking with 2 dedicated and one backup motors and installing it only to find it was worse than the one I took out...
            Here's to hoping it ain't a polished turd!

Comment

• Beags - it's now a 5 speed manual transmission, not an automatic.

Comment

• Right on. Did you order the harness?

Comment

• they have not answered my email... but I did drive it today.

there are a few things I need to fix.... for example, the glow plugs simply aren't working.... but wd40 works great to get it started.

oh yeah, and brakes, more specifically the power booster... not working, need....
                  Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 7, 2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• hotwire the glow plugs with a timed one shot relay... vacuum pump or hydroboost the binders, and BTW...Great to hear of the progress!
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                    X