Search and Rescue K9 (SAR 4 posh)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shelty View Post

I know right? they wont deport an MS-13 gang member illegally in this country who is a repeat violent offender, but its the end of the world if an old Land Rover roams the streets of the Pacific northwest...
    Well, we do have a history with the British...
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• starting to work on the fuel system and the oil system...

hoses are connected

Comment

• Progress tonight
        First guess, right fitting.... err.. not guess, consumate skill... (yeah, right, closer to unbridled luck).

the "other" fuel filter... it actually doesn't have a paper filter inside, it's more a settling container to get the big crap out - do I think it's needed? probably not

big hole

I feel like I'm two fasteners away from having the interior completely apart

anyway, tank is back in and the access is uncovered so that tomorrow my delivery from the UK - the diesel pickup - can be installed and I can mark "done" on the fuel system

Comment

• A "Sediment Bowl" works great on things that don't get turned upside down. I used to call the one on my bike "rust catcher".
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• continuing on... fuel system is completely connected
            I bought a sender for a 300 TDI, fits like it was made for it
            I did learn something, I guess, the ferrell are called "olives" in UK

of course, you should put all seals on before you put it together.

then onto the oil lines

a decidedly more home-spun solution

stock lines to an adapter to AN and stainless lines with an oil cooler on the front side. I figure with the turbo, having a separate oil cooler will pay dividends in longevity.
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; September 17, 2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Spiffy! Just so you know, those are ferrules (note spelling). Too many years of ordering fittings for our dyno set-ups, I guess. Cool to know the that the Brits call them "olives". Along that same line, screwdriver types in Japan are called "+" and "-" - makes sense when you think about it. Smack a Phillips and a straight screwdriver into a 2X4 and it becomes obvious (not that I would ever strike a screwdriver under any circumstances).

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                Spiffy! Just so you know, those are ferrules (note spelling). Too many years of ordering fittings for our dyno set-ups, I guess. Cool to know the that the Brits call them "olives". Along that same line, screwdriver types in Japan are called "+" and "-" - makes sense when you think about it. Smack a Phillips and a straight screwdriver into a 2X4 and it becomes obvious (not that I would ever strike a screwdriver under any circumstances).

Dan
                Huh! When I was in the Marines, we laughed at a Japanese American guy who called them "plus" and "minus" screwdrivers... We, being so arrogant and cocky like many young Marines tend to be, never stopped to think that it may have been a cultural thing, or that doing something differently than the norm was ok.

...and I've used screwdrivers in all sorts of creative (and abusive) ways. Need to put a 1/4" plastic anchor in a drywall wall? Use a #2 phillips screwdriver as a drill bit.

Comment

• I thought I was the only one who did that - Um - I mean IF I was the kind of guy who would abuse a screwdriver. I just use the bit on my driver/drill - um - I mean, I COULD just use the bit on my driver/drill.

Dan

Comment

• you guys are so old school. When putting anchors in walls, use a 8 penny nail. Bonus of that system is, occasionally, you actually hit the stud so you don't have to whip out the plastic.

and just for the record, there are several hoods in the Portland area that are held to the wall by plastic anchors.... and while putting them up, they may have been (oh is OSHA going to gasp) completely suspended by plastic wall anchors (and no, we didn't use butterfly anchors).....

even worse? some are literally held to the wall only with liquid nails.

canopy hood

Comment

• U used car dealer U

Comment

• Originally posted by AFFORDILLAC View Post
                        U used car dealer U
                        pot calling the kettle eh? At least I'm out of the Cadillac business (bidness)...

Comment

• and last, but certainly not least for tonight

I've now got the intercooler mounted on the bottom... tomorrow I'll make brackets and remove the egr inlet

and start thinking about the hardest job (for me) .... wiring

Comment

• rolled it back into the shop while I'm waiting for parts for the FJ

first step was to dry it out

then start removing the t-case

Comment

• RACK RACK..........

Soon?

Dan

Comment

• Hey look! This one came Pre-Linked! (Or are those Radius-Rods?)
                                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X