Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1946 Diamond T COE extra cab car hauler.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946 Diamond T COE extra cab car hauler.

I'm building an extended cab COE car hauler for my gasser coupe. I've already stripped a 2003 ford f350 crew cab truck for the chassis and will have a 454/4L85E trans mounted midship under the back half of the cab. I would go faster if I wasnt working on rebuilding my blower motor for Poison Gas and freshening up the drivetrain in my 69 SS 396/4 speed nova. Never ending story.Click image for larger version

Name:	154399_430310393699048_318924579_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	880821Click image for larger version

Name:	313058_216556341741122_1125540488_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	880822
    Go ahead, pull my finger.

wicked
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

If it looks half as good as "Poison Gas"... It'll look sweet!
      I got a soft spot in me for Diamond T's.. Dad had a short logger with a shifter that had a big white ball coming up between the seats.. Spent many hours in the "long logger season" imagining I was the trucker...late Fall-early spring Dad drove the Autocar, then rest of the time was "farmer logs" thus the Diamond T..

Comment

excellent - can't wait to see the build
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Keith - I can't wait to see this rig in person - will you be hauling the coupe to DW with this beast? why not a diesel engine?
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

My other option is a 7.3 powersmoke that I have, but needs rebuilt. So I do have options.

Comment

Originally posted by poison gas View Post
              I'm building an extended cab COE car hauler for my gasser coupe. I've already stripped a 2003 ford f350 crew cab truck for the chassis and will have a 454/4L85E trans mounted midship under the back half of the cab. I would go faster if I wasnt working on rebuilding my blower motor for Poison Gas and freshening up the drivetrain in my 69 SS 396/4 speed nova. Never ending story.[ATTACH=CONFIG]26344[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26345[/ATTACH]
              Is that two different cabs or did some damage occur during disassembly?
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

The cab sitting on the ground is the first one I found locally. It was removed from it's frame in 1961 and sat next to a barn 1/8th mile off a main hiway I've driven passed my whole life and never saw it. One day I was a passenger in a friends truck just watching the scenery and saw a shape that looked out of place. We went back and bought it. It was missing everything that could be unbolted. A restorer stripped it as a parts truck. So I went on the hunt for all the missing parts and found the other one 100 miles east of Memphis Tn. It has all the parts I need but is rustier. I know it looks good in the picture, but it came out of Urbana Illinois as a coal truck. Between the two, I'll build the extended cab. It will have a stake bed on it, but I'll haul my gasser on it.
                Last edited by poison gas; December 8, 2013, 08:51 AM.

Comment

sounds like a cool build! cant wait to see it come together!
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Gonna have a hydraulic operated bed, or a slanted bed?
                    Gonna look so cool when done...

Comment

The bed is still undecided but I kind of lean towards a flat stake bed because I like the look. If it doesnt have a car on it, it'll look like an old work truck, not a ramp truck. And I can use it for hauling other stuff that way. I'll just have long ramps that slide under the bed to load my car.

Comment

Why the F350? I'm guessing twin-I-beam/rear steer, and the steering box back where it tucks in and not out front.

Comment

that's a neat looking truck. Should be fun! lots of work, too
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Twin I beam yes, front steer. I had a chevy chassis that wasnt wide enough to fill the fenders. The ford is wider, and I've driven Ford F350 7.3 powerstroke diesels LOTS of miles. I have 2 right now, a 95 and a 02. I wouldnt take for them. This parts truck was a running 6.0 powersmoke that ran but didnt have a straight panel on it for $500.00. I parted it out and made money and still have the chassis that the cab fits like Diamond T and ford designed it together. And once its under the truck, who cares what it started out as.

Comment

I'd grieve about the 454, but I'm guessing it is a matter of availability. What're you gonna call this thing? FrankenHauler?
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X