No announcement yet.

X Pursuit 1987 Mustang Drag and LSR Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or working frantically! Less than a month out before he has to hit the road east.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• been very busy. headers done and at coating place, car on rotisserie getting fuel and brake plumbing, wiring, seam sealer, lizardskin, heat shields. tin work in, safety equipment on the way, body parts prepped for install, drive shaft ordered, cup holders, check. pictures at 11. no time for caps.
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Whoo hoo Big time.. Doing stuff on rotisserrie!
        Figured you were too busy to bother with us on here!
        Rooting for you to make it with time to spare and catch your breath...

Comment

• So we are on to the final push. Here is the car up on the rotisserie for doing the plumbing, the lizardskin insulation and body seam sealer. After the thin coating we'll add the DEI floor and tunnel heat shield and the other reflective coatings to keep heat out of the chassis and the passenger area. This is the finished trans mount, cross member, drive shaft loop out of the car and how it sits up in the drive shaft tunnel. You can see the Camburg connectors on the cross member and if you squint a samller set on the bottom portion of the loop.

Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• These are the headers in their final form before going to the cermic coating place. You'll recall these are 2.25"/2.375"/2.5" step primaries into a 4.5" merge collector.

Comment

• looking good!

for reference, I was at that point at the end of Feb 2014, and got my car ready to race some time in that June, but I was also working on it mostly full time. Fortunately, you don't have to do body work! or set up a blower.

Last edited by squirrel; August 13, 2015, 12:30 PM.
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Go Bill Go!!
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• I'm loving the fabrication going on! Simply beautiful!

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    looking good!

for reference, I was at that point at the end of Feb 2014, and got my car ready to race some time in that June, but I was also working on it mostly full time. Fortunately, you don't have to do body work! or set up a blower.

Yes, the good thing is no body work, no motor or trans work and I do have some great help as I can't work on it full time every day. I also don't have four months. I have 26 days until we roll out of town to St. Louis.

Comment

• These shots show how the final block plate and mid-plate turned out before powder coating. The additional bolts and spacers that tie the plates to the out board bolt holes on the cylinder heads really stiffen up the over all assembly. Coupled with the very stiff transmission mount I do not believe I will need anything else to locate the engine and trans fore to aft. The rectangular tubes we placed on the frame rails work as we'd hoped as the complete engine/trans assembly can be shifted forward with the cherry picker and still rest squarely on the tubes. Then I can tilt the whole set up with the load leveler and out it comes with the plates still attached. We are using short segments of flexible brake line from the Master Cylinder to bulkhead style brake line fittings on the fneder well to alloe the aster cylinder to be disconnected and moved out of the way with out having to spill brake fluid or have to re-bleed the brakes when the engine and trnas go in and out.

Comment

• So plumbing is almost complete after the fun and excitement of cleaning the top and bottom of the car for the LizardSkin lightweight heat and sound isolator which is tinted to match the interior colors. The engine compartment and the tunnel is coated POR15 Silver as I have had good luck with the POR product when the prep is good. The tunnel and lower fire wall will have DEI lightweight tunnel shield. The long fuel line runs are stainless tube and the brake lines are as well. Master cylinder is ready to go and the flexlines will go in tomorrow. The Hurst Roll Control is rear mounted Aussie style. I still have to paint the cage once the wiring layout is finished Friday for the weekend engine/trans transplant.

Comment

• This is the LizardSkin light weight heat and sound barrier. The roll cage paint will match. The engine compartment is POR 15 Silver as is the tunnel and the under carriage between the subframes. It will help the DEI tunnel shield and stuff adhere well and reflect heat where there isn't the shielding.

Comment

• I've read something about making your own lizard skin by adding glass microspheres to some type of paint

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• I'm sure lots of work went in this weekend, can't wait to see the progress.
                              Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

• Made the big move this weekend and pulled the motor and trans out of the convertible. Reinstalled suspension, completed fuel and brake lines, finished under side of car with heat shield etc. Pictures after I sleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X