Project finally hit the road...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project finally hit the road...

Well, actually a couple of weeks ago, but this weekend I took a trip with the car club to Petit Jean Mtn and the Museum of Automobiles... Here is a pic taken up on the mountain...

Re: Project finally hit the road...

Very cool indeed. So how did it run? Any problems? More pics, please. BTW - where was the mountain? Not familiar with Petit Jean.

Dan

Comment

Let's see some video....

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Man, you must have set some sort of record for a scratch built rod at home...very cool, the tires look great

Comment

What you see sitting in that pic is 6 months of work... started with 2 sticks of 2x3 tube 3/16" wall on Jan 1, 2008.

The mountain... is Petit Jean Mountain... part of one of our state parks... It is where the Rockefeller's came to AR... Also the Museum of Automobiles is located up there. They hold a large swap meet every year on Father's day weekend... I have about 80 pics from there, but I need to get them loaded to Flickr...

More pics, including all the build pics are located on my website... www.stillkruzn.com.... Also a video there of the first ride and the Ford flex fan taking out the first radiator...

Comment

man...6 months is amazing to me.....hell of a job man, you should be proud.....I am in awe

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
              man...6 months is amazing to me.....hell of a job man, you should be proud.....I am in awe
              It wasn't without alot of help from a buddy or 2 also... cause my welding skills aren't that great... I am proud of the car and the work that is put into it... now it's time to just have fun with it...

Comment

am I missing a hidden exhaust pipe or are you getting away with running open headers on the street?

the build time is really really impressive - how many man hours a week do you suppose it took to get it done?
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

very cool

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                    am I missing a hidden exhaust pipe or are you getting away with running open headers on the street?

the build time is really really impressive - how many man hours a week do you suppose it took to get it done?
                    You aren't missing anything... right now they are open... Just being really careful not to give the cops in this town a reason to pull me over... as far as man hours, it varied... there were 2 of working most of the time and we would get 1 - 2 nights week for 3 - 4 hours each and then 7 - 9 hours on Saturdays... lots of Saturdays....

Comment

Open Headers Rule.....Great Job.

Seth
                      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                        Open Headers Rule.....Great Job.

Seth
                        They aren't going to stay open... a set of motorcycle baffles fit nicely into the lake headers and then turnouts get bolted on... just enough to know the sharpness off... But is sure does sound good with them open... here is a video of the first drive...

Comment

Open hedders rule..

Comment

very cool -- I can never get anyone to help me that consistantly - and my schedule doesn't allow that kind of saturday dedication --- but it may this winter - I'm fed up with non of my stuff getting done!
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'll help John. ;D

Seth
                              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
                              X