1963 Olds Jetfire Re-restoration- Turbo charged/Fluid injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Know what you mean.. Let a guy "borrow" a Hurst pistol grip shifter.. Traded it away... Wasn't his! Loaned it till he found himself another.. Wouldn't face me.. Yeah.. Don't pay to be nice sometimes
    I think it does - it's not what other people think of you that makes you a nice person, it's what you do and (even more important) why you do it that makes you a nice person
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      I think it does - it's not what other people think of you that makes you a nice person, it's what you do and (even more important) why you do it that makes you a nice person
      You do have a good point....
      If you refuse to help, you are viewed as a greedy selfish schmunk..
      When you do help, then you are viewed as a sucker..
      Third party says fourth party says he made a killing on selling the shifter..His actions afterwards makes me wonder..
      It is over and done.. He is someone who never comes around anymore, he solved it for me..

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        You do have a good point....
        If you refuse to help, you are viewed as a greedy selfish schmunk..
        When you do help, then you are viewed as a sucker..
        Third party says fourth party says he made a killing on selling the shifter..His actions afterwards makes me wonder..
        It is over and done.. He is someone who never comes around anymore, he solved it for me..
        as the saying goes - the quickest way to lose a friend is to loan him money
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Good to see another Olds on here. Call Hess Bro.s in Red bluff Ca, I think they still have a 63 Cutlass . Ask for Chuck or his daughter Jess. Tell them Tim sent you. 530-824-4100. Good Luck !
          61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            as the saying goes - the quickest way to lose a friend is to loan him money
            My Dad always said never loan anymore than you are willing to give that person outright. Go in not expecting to get it back. If you do, be glad. If not, you are not out enough to hurt you. Saves friendships.

BTW, this is really an unique car. Thanks for sharing it.
            Last edited by Scott Liggett; January 5, 2014, 08:20 PM.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

63 jetfire

Tim,
              Thank you for the info.
              Ken

Originally posted by NASBackyard View Post
              Good to see another Olds on here. Call Hess Bro.s in Red bluff Ca, I think they still have a 63 Cutlass . Ask for Chuck or his daughter Jess. Tell them Tim sent you. 530-824-4100. Good Luck !

Comment

I remember when I was single I wanted to get one of these and build a car for the FAST (Factory Appearing Stock Tire) since I though the turbo plus a stroker would make a great combo on the race fuel they were allowed to run and the turbo rocket fuel would crutch the lack of an intercooler with chemical intercooling.

Found out just how hard it was to find one with the turbo system still in place...
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

CTX_SLPR,
                  Thanks for the reply. I just sold a 1963 Jetfire 4 speed car. Needed some work but trying to retire this year and the car has so much history I will just keep going. Just got the doors back last night. Working on getting the glass in and back on the car.
                  Ken

Comment

A quick update. Just got the doors and trunk back from the body shop. Took a lot longer than expected. Had to scrap the doors on the car. They are primed and the jams painted the color of the car. Replaced the lower glass channel and the vent window rubber. Everything is installed and ready for the car. Will try and get the other door assembled and ready for the car. By then it should be done snowing!! See the photo below.
                    Ken

Comment

Please keep the updates coming! Though I understand. Seems like I work for 2 weeks or more on the S-10 to get a change worth reporting here.

Dan

Comment

The second door is done. Have the trunk lid also. Front fenders and hood are out. Should see them soon.
                        Ken

Comment

• Bob Holmes
                          Bob Holmes commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What a fantastic car. Great to see the progress, even after the tree induced setback.

The doors and new trunk lid are on the car. I will try and get some photos this weekend. Will try and get the latches on next.

Comment

Both posts painted and installed the windshield over the weekend. Put the engine on the stand and ready to re-gasket it. Paint and detail it. Still striping, bead blasting and painting parts.

Still looking for parts!

Comment

Sorry lost track of this blog. Car is mostly done. Will post more photos next.

Comment

Quick video of the first test drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X