No announcement yet.

1963 Olds Jetfire Re-restoration- Turbo charged/Fluid injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a photo of the car car at Hershey 2017 car show. Big hit a lot of people and too many questions. Great time and got a second place.

Last edited by kid442; March 31, 2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

OK this should bring us up to date. Up dated the wheels, tires and hub caps. Working on still more. Have new rear bumper. Working on a update BW t10 with better first gear. Still a few odds and ends. Made it to Oldsmobile Club of America National meet 2018 in York, Pa. Very happy with a first place in class. Will keep this up to date.

Comment

pretty cool
        Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 31, 2019, 08:06 AM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

How do you like driving it?
          Looks real good!

Comment

Driving is very nice. Much better than I remembered. Of course new springs, shocks, complete front end rebuild. Brakes are better than I remembered. Still have more to do. Have a rear sway bar to install. Now the only problem that I knew about. It has a BW T10 trans same as the corvette. Engine is only 215 horse power so you need to slip the clutch to get it moving. On hills its a problem. Had smoke coming out from under the car getting it in to the Hershey car show. Small hill to get in. My son wanted to update the tires size to 14" from 13". Made it worse. Just picked up a rebuilt super T10 first design. First gear in the original was 2:54 the super T10 is 3:42. That should get it moving much better plus the turbo does not kick in to around 2000rpm. Should make a big difference. Will keep you updated.

Comment

Originally posted by kid442 View Post
              Driving is very nice. Much better than I remembered. Of course new springs, shocks, complete front end rebuild. Brakes are better than I remembered. Still have more to do. Have a rear sway bar to install. Now the only problem that I knew about. It has a BW T10 trans same as the corvette. Engine is only 215 horse power so you need to slip the clutch to get it moving. On hills its a problem. Had smoke coming out from under the car getting it in to the Hershey car show. Small hill to get in. My son wanted to update the tires size to 14" from 13". Made it worse. Just picked up a rebuilt super T10 first design. First gear in the original was 2:54 the super T10 is 3:42. That should get it moving much better plus the turbo does not kick in to around 2000rpm. Should make a big difference. Will keep you updated.
              Sounds like a good move! Let us know how that works out.

Dan

Comment

New update! Installed the correct 10" flywheel, clutch assy, and super T10. The stock t10 had a 2:56 first gear and was hard to get it moving with slipping the clutch. The new trans has a 3:42 first gear. That makes a big difference!! Next install the new replated rear bumper. Still more to do!!

Comment

Good plan! The stump-puller 1st. ought to do the trick.

Dan

Comment

Cool project , nice car . Just ran accross your thread .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Thanks for the posts. Will keep you updated.
                      Ken

Comment

i just ran across a guy who pro streeted a 62 buick special ( i think thats what he called it?)
                        looks like a small invicta... anyway he has the aluminum 215 v8 and a t-5 out of an s10 on
                        the side, want me to ask if he wants to sell? its in honolulu hawaii so shipping would be a
                        bear, but its a complete running motor/trans combo.........

he did a tunnel rammed 327 sbc/glide into it and says "yeah, it sure feels a bit faster"....

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                          i just ran across a guy who pro streeted a 62 buick special ( i think thats what he called it?)
                          looks like a small invicta... anyway he has the aluminum 215 v8 and a t-5 out of an s10 on
                          the side, want me to ask if he wants to sell? its in honolulu hawaii so shipping would be a
                          bear, but its a complete running motor/trans combo.........

he did a tunnel rammed 327 sbc/glide into it and says "yeah, it sure feels a bit faster"....
                          yes
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                          X