1963 Olds Jetfire Re-restoration- Turbo charged/Fluid injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Olds Jetfire Re-restoration- Turbo charged/Fluid injection

These are a set of photos from 1985 just before I sold it!!!!
    I am going to need parts!!!
    Wanted: 1962/63 Olds Jetfire 215 Alum V8 parts:
    Turbo, carb, intake & exhaust manifolds, Air cleaner, Turbo fluid tank, 4 speed parts: bell housing, flywheel, pedals, T-10 trans, mint or NOS Die cast trim for sale email me back..
    [email protected][/EMAIL"][email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]
    732-870-6964

Found!? (2009)

OK the deal is done. I have seen and purchased my old Jetfire back!! Should have it in the driveway next Sunday. The car is much worse than I thought. The garage roof had a 12" hole over the windshield. All the die cast trim needs to be replaced. Interior better than expected. All Jetfire parts under the hood in place. Engine turned over by hand. No keys or brakes!! I will attach a few photos.
    Ken

1963 Jetfire
    The windshield frame is installed & inner fender well repaired. I will keep you update on progress. Car starts and drives. Should get the winshield installed in the next few weeks.

Just a quick update. The turbo and carburetor are rebuilt. Still looking for any 63 trim parts.
    Email is [email protected] 732-870-6964
    Thanks,
    Ken

Comment

Turbo rocket fluid

I just thought I would post a photo of the Oldsmobile Turbo Rocket Fluid. You need this to make the whole thing work correctly.

I am still in need of any mint trim parts. Any leads will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

[email protected]

Last edited by kid442; December 31, 2013, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Not made too much progress but still finding parts. WTony patched the floor and welded the 4-speed hump in. Dad and I converted the car from auto and bolted the hump in 1982. WTony also installed a new rocker panel. Still more to go but we are closer. Back to working on the W30. I also found a photo of my dad guiding the 215 with the 4 speed trans attached.

Comment

Been working on the 69 W30 project this summer. Just a little late was going to put the 63 Jetfire in the garage when Sandy came along. We are way better off than some but this is a real bummer. Dent in the roof at the windshield. Not sure how bad but bent the frame. I will post more tonight.
          Ken

Comment

We are about 1 mile from the beach. Still no power and it looks like another week. Damage does not look too bad but a bad location.
            Ken

Comment

OK! Sandy is gone!!!
              My Insurance Co totaled the car. I was able to keep the car by buying it back. I was happy with the settlement from Hagerty and they were very nice to work with! WTony had some time so the car is in the body shop. The roof is repaired and stripped, and primed. I have a few photos to post more to come.
              Ken

Comment

Just got the car back from WTony. I will get more photos when I have time over the weekend. Now it is really starting to take shape. Will be working on the doors next.

Last edited by kid442; May 15, 2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

WONDERFUL project. I sold all my old 215 stuff years back but mine was mostly Buick anyhow so probably not much help. You might try D&D Fabrications in Washington Twp., MI - pretty sure that they will show up on a Google search. They made an adaptor kit for a 215/Vega swap. Last I knew they had quite a few bits for the engines but maybe have some body stuff as well.

I love those little engines!

Dan

Comment

Dan,
                    Thanks for the post. Keep me in mind if you ever come across any parts.
                    Happy New Year!
                    Ken

Comment

a few years ago I sold a 63 Olds convertible to a friend who immediately flipped it (I sold it to him for cost and he wondered why I was miffed at him).... otherwise, I'd have parts

I do have an Olds block, but it seems you don't need that
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Lovely old car and good post-Sandy progress. Interior does look to be in great shape and the forced induction 215 is a very unique powerplant for sure. Trim for non-mainstream cars is a real challenge though. May the gods of hot-rodding be with you in this New Year!
                        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Always wanted one of these..
                          Only ones I could find were junk..
                          This is a sweet build!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            Always wanted one of these..
                            Only ones I could find were junk..
                            This is a sweet build!
                            too bad I didn't know you a few years ago - the car was a one-owner car that had been kept mostly under cover. It was a "special occasion" car, but unfortunately, the lady who owned it became old, blind and senile - so she drove it by braille, not a square part on the outside of the car.... the worst was the nose, the nephew who ended up with the car took the parts off and threw them away and let the car sit long enough to seize the motor.... ever try to find 63 Olds parts? it ain't easy.... then my friend wanted it, and the rest is history.
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Know what you mean.. Let a guy "borrow" a Hurst pistol grip shifter.. Traded it away... Wasn't his! Loaned it till he found himself another.. Wouldn't face me.. Yeah.. Don't pay to be nice sometimes

Comment

Working...
                              X