No announcement yet.

1981 Caprice Single Turbo 4.8L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am getting really close to seeing the home stretch now!

I started on all the wiring for the chassis (external and internal). That lead to a new Ignition panel to replace the HVAC controls, as well as refinishing my gauge cluster. I also built the primary distribution panel for all essential engine functions under the dash along with the GTO PCM.

...I also buttoned up the machining on my shifter. I have a B&M Magnum Pro-Stick....the only problem is B&M does not offer a Reverse Pattern Gate (only a forward) for 4spd transmissions. I ended up machining a 3spd forward pattern gate to operate as a 4spd reverse pattern. Works flawless now!

Comment

VERY nice!

Dan

Comment

Couldn't quite fit the flat hood...but this will do! ;)

Comment

A subtle warning sign just to make it fair a game for the alert... I like it

Comment

The fab work and setup of your car is really damn cool and awesome

Comment

I have been slacking on the updates, but the good news is the car runs and moves under its own power! I have a ton of tuning to do, but I am heading in the right direction at least!

Here is where I am now...

First Start of the turbo LS Swapped Caprice! Thing sounds pretty angry! Can't wait to see what it does!-Junkyard 4.8L Cam Only-Manual Valve Body 4L80E -Smidg...

Comment

Working...
              X