No announcement yet.

55 Nomad RustFest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thing loses 20 lbs a week of rust partials,kind of like Acid Dipped by nature,,new frame rails are in..
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

No holes ,,save 900 for a quarter
        Attached Files

Comment

This makes my project look so easy! It's great you are saving this one, it's a real classic. Keep up the good work.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Really making me feel better about my beater every day....holy holey car Batman! Great progress, keep the updates coming.
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Boxing in front frame did not go as planned.so here are the pics of my busy weekend,,took Monday off..
              Attached Files

Comment

Axle on top of spring did not go as planned,,steering was hitting oil pan ,,just not enough room..
                Attached Files

Comment

Got motor mounts welded in,alot more room with axle under spring
                  Attached Files

Comment

Still to high in front ,,it will be 2 inches higher in back ,and I will take a couple leafs out of the front.I moved axle up about 2" ,,dont know if ill keep it like that or not.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Ohio Paul; April 15, 2014, 05:04 AM.

Comment

You're making this look easy - and it's not! How did you determine where to seam the frame in the rear- are those tri 5 rails from another frame or?
                      Lots of measuring / checking corners I'm sure to make sure it stayed square - this is no project for the weak of heart! Well done!
                      I hope to see this thing in person someday.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

The frame rails are out of a 55 four door, I bought them c- list $50, they were cut off at the same place the rot stopped on mine,, I measured of of the front leaf spring mount, I'm going to put a plate on seam,, should be good for 925hp anyway. Lol..I did a lot of measuring,, but I have no kind of frame rack or Jig so who know ,, it might still track like worm out nova.,I will just cut and adjust leaf mounts at that point..,,,it doesn't matter I'm just building it to pull out of my garage and do burnouts in my driveway,, just kidding
                        Last edited by Ohio Paul; April 15, 2014, 07:49 PM.

Comment

LOL!
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

How the Rustfest Nomad coming along? Love this thread....
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Not sure if you'd call this inspiration or things not to do

Comment

Wow! The panel paint and the blower is cool, yeah that's crazy,I'll be posting a bunch of pics soon, just been doing a bunch of stuff that's not as photogenic as body work.steering and stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X