No announcement yet.

55 Nomad RustFest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The coolest part of a 55 is the nose, they screwed that one up pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Casper View Post
      Not sure if you'd call this inspiration or things not to do

The famous Playbunny Coach complete with Art Himsl metalflake paint. I saw this car at the Hot Rod Show World car show back in the 70's when I was about 8.

Comment

You my friend, are a glutton for punishment. We don't see cars like that here in the SW.

Comment

Last edited by Ohio Paul; June 6, 2014, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Comment

I might leave some of this rust , don't think I'll have the time not to make it the "Mad Rat" . I am feeling the glutton for punishment thing but new rims and tires makes the pain go away

Comment

I don't miss road salt but it looks like you have the skills to and it looks like your having fun doing it.....! Nice!
                61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

So I get to where I can pull her out of the garage, to clean up the big mess. I apply the brakes and hear snap crackle pop ,the tack welds on the front axle let loose. So I jacked her back up ,clamped all back in the place Tack it again ,start the car and she won't go into reverse
                  Last edited by Ohio Paul; June 28, 2014, 11:27 AM.

Comment

So I burnt the transmission up by not having enough fluid in it, I'm sizing up the front end and putting it together for the last time until after Drag week and then I'll tear it back apart.

Comment

Nice work, and lots of it. Seeing the transformation has got to be satisfying.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Very satisfying , just hoping I have enough time , my son has been helping, he is steal wooling all the interior chrome, and he helped me replace a back glass.

Comment

Very cool to have your son involved. He'll learn a lot, not least of which is that Dad isn't a complete idiot. Carry on, guys!

Dan

Comment

So I didn't burn the transmission up, ended up being a hodgepodge of parts thrown together for the swap meet. I've been driving around late nights ,got a couple hundred miles on her, with no problems. Looks like I'm driving her all the way to Tulsa. She handles really nice. I can drive her with one finger at 80 miles an hour 2300 RPM.700r4=$..I'm short shifting her until the final day of drag week.

Comment

Very cool! Glad that the trans lived - what was the "issue"?

Dan

Comment

AWESOME!!! I can't believe this thing is done enough to make it to Drag Week!! If this doesn't tickle your Car Guy funny bone, check your pulse! Very cool your son is involved as well!
                                Hmmmm......I'm going to have a whole new attitude towards cars rotting in the woods.... Hell, just making a trail to get the thing out must have been a project!!

Also, it goes to show how much everyone is checking out the car....nobody noticed the "Animal Carcass Only" sign on your fridge?!?

P.S. The last pic of old vs. new Chevy's is KILLER!!!
                                Last edited by andy30thz; August 27, 2014, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X