Rare? 1 of none and 1 of ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare? 1 of none and 1 of ????

Not sure where to put this post.....redirect me if I am wrong.

At the local cruise (parking lot walk around) saw two odd ducks:

First a guy pulls in with a mid 50's 2 door 2 tone Mercury wagon. As he gets out of the car I say "I didn't know Mercury made a 2 door wagon" he says "they didn't, this is a custom job".

The car was pretty and looked factory. Owner says he bought it 2 weeks ago after chasing after it for a couple of years. The prior owner took a 4 door 56 Mercury wagon and converted it to 2 door "Nomad" style including changing the rear post of the front doors to lean forward. Car had a front and rear Mercury fascia, beautiful red & white two-tone paint separated by ‘just right’ chrome trim. It really did look factory and the owner made it clear it was not Ford wagon with a Merc front clip.

Unfortunately no pics

Second - a 1967 'all original' light blue factory 4 speed 396 Caprice with rallye gauges. There was window sticker that listed the dealer location at Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Not sure how rare but I met a guy on the '08 Power Tour who was driving a 1966 factory 4 speed big block Caprice and he said they only made 10 BB/4 speed Caprices in '66

a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Re: Rare? 1 of none and 1 of ????

Now go find the guy again and take some. ;D

Nik

Comment

Speaking of unusual two door wagons.Saw an ad for a 58 Oldsmobile two door hardtop stationwagon in a swedish magazine the other day.Supposedly one of two built in 58 in Belgium.It looked like a 4 door hardtop wagon,just witout the rear doors.

And there are a 59 imperial two door stationwagon in sweden too.Also one of two,and built in belgium.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik

Now go find the guy again and take some. ;D

Nik
        X2

Comment

My 59 chevy extended cab pickup is one of none.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Found the Oldsmobile for sale in one of the swedish sites.

Comment

Working...
            X