Bugs rule!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs rule!

Yeah...along with all the other cars I love, I like my bugs too.
    I have a '57, '59, '62, '66, and a ratty '67 vert. I'm hopin to land a bus or double cab someday as well.

This is my '59

This is my '57...I built a 2x4 box frame, Must II, four bar, airride, 4.3 V6, 700r, 9" Ford, 6" & 10" Torque thrusts.

The '62 is a little sleeper wit a 2180cc & 48's, the '66 is another stocker, and I'm pullin the vert body to put on a VW chassis on air with a 5" narrowed beam so I can lay pan and drive normally.

I'm glad to see VW's on this forum...I've got my V8's, my trucks, cars, ect., but these have a spot for me that you dont find much in the Mid West.

Re: Bugs rule!

Cool! I really dig the V-6 one. We need to do that. All of those are neat.

I'm really stoked that we have so many hot-rod Bug fans here.

Comment

Where's the radiator in the V-6 one?

Comment

The 57 looks cool

Comment

There was a Bug in Fontana, CA that had on it, I believe, a Rolls Royce hood and grill. My Dad told me he'd seen some before, but it's the only one I've seen.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
            Where's the radiator in the V-6 one?
            It's in the front...21"x19" Griffin. I dont believe the V6 will produce much heat, basically stock w/Edel intake, MSD dizzy, Edel carb, and hand built headers. The 6 affords more room in front and I'm gonna draw air from below the front apron.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
              There was a Bug in Fontana, CA that had on it, I believe, a Rolls Royce hood and grill. My Dad told me he'd seen some before, but it's the only one I've seen.
              The Rolls bolt on fiberglass hood was real popular 30 years ago.

Comment

Will a Vortech blower fit on the V6 as it's mounted, or no?

I did a mild 4.3 a few years back that made just short of 300hp with stock bowl-blended heads. Brodix makes heads for them now, ya know. And you can nitrous 'em...

Comment

Whoa..that would be kool! I'll have to look...dimensionally how big a blower? The only issue I can think of may be interferance with the hood as it rolls down, but I know a hat will fit if it's a blow thru.
                  And no, I did not know Brodix made heads for them now...

Comment

I'm thinking 8 injector stacks poking thru the hood of the 57 would be just right although legroom would suffer

Where'd all these luggage racks come from? I don't remember ever seeing one on a bug when I was a kid in the 60s.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I love this thread!!!!!! I wanted to mound a rack on the V8 BUG to throw a set of slicks on for when I drive it to the track and go race. Its odd how many people love the little cars. Me I just couldn't see myself ever getting rid of mine. Here in ontario we have a few others but one I really like is this one. He runs a massive bbc. I was able to race him just for fun at Grand Bend Motorplex in Ontario. I knew it was over when I saw his rocker panel go by. Hahaha

Comment

When you guys installed your V8s and V6s, did you have to hack into the footwell portion of the "firewall"? Is legroom compromised?

We put a Vortech on my 4.3 and made 500 hp before blowing a head gasket. But it was really happy at 450 hp.

Comment

There is a weld seam between the dash reinforcement and the front upper pan where the gas tank sits, thats where I dropped my firewall. The motor is about 1/4" away from that wall. I moved my seat back to allow for leg room, but there still aint much.

Comment

How did the guy in the 1st or 2nd PGD cool his. I think it was a sbc with a blower???

Comment

He had his rad in the back where the motor use to be. He had a web site but can't find it anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X