my new longtravel sandcar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new longtravel sandcar.

Here is my new mid-engine sandcar that should be finished the end of feb. It has a twin turbo 5.3 that makes 630 hp on pump gas. The trans is the new mendeola HD4 that is "supose"to be good for 1600hp and 1000ft/lbs of torque. It will have 24" or rear travel and 26-28" of front travel with the king bypass shocks on all 4 corners. This should be a hoot to drive ang jump!!!!

Re: my new longtravel sandcar.

Gonna take it down the drag strip?

Comment

Looks like fun next spring in Waynoka!!!

Comment

O-ya its going to the track!! It will have a wheelie bar also,but unless i can find some really TALL tires i think it will run out of gear about 900ft out with the gearing in the new trans.... i had a 5 seater with a stock northstar and a 150 shot of nitrous that ran 11.40s and it ran out of gear at about 1100ft.

Comment

Could you put some 37-inch BFG or Goodyear radial MTs on the back? They make them in rockcrawl compounds that are very soft like a drag slick. I'd expect the lugs to chunk out a bit, but big deal.

Comment

Carl, one of these days (years) I am going to have to stop by for a visit!!! Tommy and Paul tell me it will be a memorable trip!!

I still have the wire & connector that killed your motor on DW05, in my toolbox. Just pulled it out and showed a friend while working on a project tonight! Makes a great conversation piece,

-scott
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

David.... we taking notes here? Carl Builds Baja type junk... Hmmm we need a Baja Ride... Hmmm Carl Builds Baja Junk... hmmm We need a Baja Ride... Hmmm

ad nauseum....

Carl... we love you... April We Love you... Car... same thing...

K

Comment

give us some info on the 5.3 - I have a single turbo fed 5.3 in my mustang :P

Comment

Working...
                X