1965 chevelle resto.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 chevelle resto.

Ok here is my 65 chevelle SS that I am doing a rest mod on.
    ENG- sb-350 (For now) BB coming soon.
    Trns-700r4 with 2500 stall lockup conv.
    Front brakes- Disc
    Rear brakes- Drum (Disc coming soon)
    Suspention- Everything new, Including upgraded larger front and rear sway bars, new upper s&m bars on the rear,and boxed lowers. springs bushings etc.
    Factory PS/PB/AC all to be upgraded.

This is what it looked like when I purchased it minus the wheels. And the front clip was on the car It had been painted for two months. It was torch red.

I wanted to change a few things and started the process.

This is the frame before shots.

these are during shots.

These are the after shots.

Moonshine the official Power Tour Drink.

Re: 1965 chevelle resto.

WOW!.....looks good. Wish I had the patience to do what you are doing.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

That's very nice.
      Looks like it wasn't too bad to begin with.
      Keep us updated, and lots of pics, maybe a burnout video when done. ;D

Comment

I will post some more pics later this afternoon of the body work. To look at the car you would have thought it was in good shape, but when you start taking things apart you see the cover up stuff. I already knew before I bought the car it was only a patch job done to make the car look good to sell. Thats why I bought it at my price and not the sellers price. ;D Thanks for the complaments

Comment

Very cool ... nice shop.

Comment

What kinda time frame has it taken you to get where your at? That would take me months to do.

Comment

I thought you were going to sell that project. Good to see you held on to it, it looks great, I kinda dig the valve covers too....those wheels are bad ass...what are they?

Comment

Very Nice.....Going all the way....Keep us posted.

Seth
                200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                  I thought you were going to sell that project. Good to see you held on to it, it looks great, I kinda dig the valve covers too....those wheels are bad ass...what are they?
                  I was going to sell but no one inquired about it. But its kind of hard to sell when I kept it in the shop with the doors down and never advertised it. I go through these phases to where I just want to sell it all and stop working on cars all the time. As for the rims I will have to get back with you on that. I purchased them from Fred (Fine59). It has been about 7 months of on and off work to get to the stage I am at now. Here are some more pics.

As you can see they covered up allot of dents with bondo. I also have put new floor pans and trunk pans in the car. If I had to guess how long I have actually worked on the car I would say about 3 months out of 6 or 7.

Comment

Daryl,

Those are some excellent project shots and I know the car is going to look sweet when you get it completed.

Have you decided on the color yet ?

Comment

Very nice work! That is gonna be a beautiful car, I'm curious too, color, eng specs and drivetrain details???

Comment

I am going with a two tone paint job. I am looking at either Black and copper, Black and Silver or Black and Red. Then again I am partial to GM Black cherry. I just don't know what other color to go with other than silver. You guys give me some ideas. As far as the drive train is concerned for now it has a mild SB 350 with 700r4. But after I get the car back together and drive it for a couple of months I will be adding a BB and the 700r4. Nothing much in the HP range. I just want a driver not like the 65 I had last year with so much Motor. I have been thinking of doing a 375 HP 396 but with a hydraulic roller and not solid lift like they were when they came out.

Comment

The black/copper sounds like a good combo, seems like alot of the guys around here are going to something silver, so thats why I like it. A 396 would also be refreshing in this day of 500+ bbc's. Kinda sounds like you're leaning towards a driver....I like!!!

Comment

X's on that black and copper....great work, no half ass work goingon there...very cool...cant wait to see it done

Comment

Originally posted by pro65
                              I am going with a two tone paint job. I am looking at either Black and copper, Black and Silver or Black and Red. Then again I am partial to GM Black cherry. I just don't know what other color to go with other than silver. You guys give me some ideas.
                              I like the Black & Copper idea, more unique than silver, which seems to be the new white !

Comment

Working...
                              X