Pics of Duster after completion at Mopar Nats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of Duster after completion at Mopar Nats

My son was able to win 3rd place in Young Guns Modified division at the Nats, also might end up in Mopar Muscle Magazine as they did a few photos.

Re: Pics of Duster after completion at Mopar Nats

That's really sharp looking. What's under the hood?

Comment

Thanks, Its a .020 over 360 with Edelbrock heads.

Comment

Congrats to you and your boy, you have to be proud! I am a HUGE fan of that car...beautiful!

Comment

Great! Congrats.

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments. Now he wants to run 11's because 12's are just slow!! Wonder where he gets that from?? : Any way he ordered the Cal Tracs springs, shocks and bars and Mopar subframe connectors. Guess we will be installing those next weekend.

Comment

Sweet Duster. He's a fortunate young fellow. With Plymouth gone from the scene its a bit of real Americana.

My first hotrod was a 71 340. It had the 150 mph speedo package and the 340 grill. I'd saved up $2000 working for my uncle on his farm. The money was supposed to be for school. Mother was NOT impressed. Found the car in May 77 as a trade-in on a Ford lot. The prev owner had thrashed it bad but had also swapped a ThermoQuad on it. I paid $1250 for it and with what was left over bought a set of Keystone Klassics (I loved the Ronnie Sox look) and Goodyear Polyglas GTs. With the change from that I also purchased an air freshener, gold borg-pile seat covers and a set of Accel plug wires (my first ever aftermarket performance part).

Never had it at the track but it held its own against some of the local tough guys with 383 Mopars, 351 and 390 Fords and 350/396 Chevelles. I used to wind it up late at night on a stretch of highway 4 north of Hensall Ontario and drive the speedo around to 133 mph -- looking back it probably wasn't very accurate but it would sure impress my buddies. The wail of the Thermo Quad was truly music...

In the early 70s former HRM editor Johnny Diana did a HOT ROD project car Duster build-up, if I'm not mistaken, which served as an inspiration for a lot of Duster owners.

Anyway, it was a great little car. All good things come to an end. I traded it even on a semi-complete 29 Model A 5-window coupe. Big mistake, the coupe was a pain in the butt from the get-go. I finally had to sell it to pay off a truly gargantuan (by the standards of the day) credit card debt incurred buying parts.

[img][/img]
              Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Nice looking car,love the Keystones.

Comment

Originally posted by mopower58
                  Nice looking car,love the Keystones.
                  X' s 2

keystones are the coolest ;)

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven
                    In the early 70s former HRM editor Johnny Diana did a HOT ROD project car Duster build-up, if I'm not mistaken, which served as an inspiration for a lot of Duster owners.
                    Yep. It was cleverly named John Dianna's Duster 340, but had cool graphics. It was a Jr. Stock car. I can't find photos online.

Comment

found this one on hot rods site

Comment

.75 cents.....paid 5 bucks the other day for a rag.......

Comment

"Johnny Jr. Stock" ran an MP car?

I bet Vogelin kicked his ass in the Camaro.

HA!

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                            "Johnny Jr. Stock" ran an MP car?

I bet Vogelin kicked his ass in the Camaro.

HA!

Brian
                            ha!

Comment

On the topic of John Dianna, in May I picked up a copy of a magazine I'd never seen before called SUPER ROD, published by BUCKAROO Communications. Lo and behold, the editorial was by none other than, you guessed it,...John Dianna. I took a look at the fine print and notice that he's also the President and CEO of BUCKAROO Communications and goes by the handle "L'il Buckaroo." There were some hot rides in it, including a supercharged 72 Demon (as all Demon owners will tell you, NOT a Duster) and an amazing 63 Fairlane owned by a guy named Robert Killian with a Kaase-built 598 ci 900+hp (on nitrous) Ford stoker. Very very cool.

Can't find the magazine here in Ottawa anymore, although I notice they have a site www.superrod.com.

DF: does this mean that one day you'll be a mogul of communications and publishing, with your very own mag? Chad could be Chief Financial Officer. Of course, you'll both probably still be working on getting the muscle truck ready for the LS shootout (low blow, I know)...
                              Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Working...
                              X