Back to Work on the Race Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Back to Work on the Race Car

There's a rule that says that nothing can fit properly. If parts fit, then hell, anyone could build a hot rod!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Steady Dan, you have seen worse! We all know you will get this thing buzzing through the traps on time!

Comment

It's pretty fixable. Still, at $465 for six non-coated tubes, you'd think they'd fit!

Actually, everything else on the car has fit pretty well, but this isn't my first set of headers that hasn't fit. I had a set of plated headers for my Roadrunner, and they were too close to the floor - like 2 inches! And so on. Maybe I only buy headers for odd combinations?

Dan

Comment

Yaya ya one size fits all.I fall for that crap some times the trick is a Bfh.

Comment

That is one expensive header....Yikes...Sorry to hear about your luck.

Seth
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

The front one bolts right up, and this one can be altered in a pretty straightforward manner, so it's not all that bad - just frustrating. I'm also going to have to nip just a bit off the bolt flange, but that's because the intake is such a brute.

Dan

Comment

Dan- I'm pretty sure there is some kind of law of the universe that states that no set of headers will ever fit with out some minimal amount of swearing, throwing stuff, bashing stuff, and of course, bloody knuckles.

I think I know why now my friends Dad, God rest his soul, was SO stuborn about keeping a car totally 100% stock - he continued to paint laquer long after all the base clear stuff came out - "cause that's how GM did it when this car was new" I have to admit - all his stuff always fit and worked right the first time!
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

hey dan

NEWstands for Needs Extra Work!

Comment

Working...
                  X