No announcement yet.

The Silver Buick's well Silver Buick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They have these zipper things on them to be very versatile. 60/40, 50/50, full bottom bench 50/50 back, etc. I got mine off Amazon but here is the website of the brand.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• I missed your A/C update ... couple of thoughts. It should be coming out of the vents around 40 or less. We charged them via weight back when I did such things. If you didn't pull a vacuum on it first, it may have some air bubbles in it. Does it have a sight glass in one of the lines or compressor?
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• should be a ccot system, usually works fine if you fill them until the accumulator gets cold, then add one more can
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• I'm going to add one more can. It's an orfice tube design.

As posted on the Drag Week thread.
          Got a ton of stuff done yesterday. RTV'd the valve cover gaskets down, they had been weeping out the back. Replaced the front wheel bearings, just because I've had a bad run of front wheel bearings going out on me the last few years, lol. Greased all the zerk fittings on the car. Changed the oil and filter, put heavier oil in than I normally do.

Then last night I bought a trailer that was for sale locally. It's a little bigger than I wanted (4'x8') but the price was right. Its a tilt back with LED lights all the way around. It has a 7-pin connector, so I upgraded the Skylark to a 7-pin so the reverse lights on the trailer work. Now I have trailer work to do, d'oh! Namely securing down the tires and canopy as at the moment that is all I intend to really have on the trailer. With the tires out of the trunk, that alone will make it easier to pack.

A Buick with a trailer hitch and seven pin connector

Comment

• $20.00 trailer, $200.00 in LED lights. As it should be

I'm surprised, though, you didn't go with a 2 5/16 ball on that - with the steam that Buick makes, even a feather-light trailer like that is going to have trouble hanging on.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              I'm surprised, though, you didn't go with a 2 5/16 ball on that - with the steam that Buick makes, even a feather-light trailer like that is going to have trouble hanging on.
              I still have the 70's shock aborbers behind the bumper, always worried about yanking the shock aborbers apart and pulling the bumper clean off since it's not bolted directly to the frame :shock:

Comment

• Short chain from each end of the shock to keep it from pulling the shocks apart..
                They are easier to pull apart when you do not want them to..
                Derby use, those flat back ones are desireable, a small hole dirlled and the shock, collapsed and welded..
                I'm sure you don't want to do that YET. Thus the chain or cable will guarantee you don't leave the trailer at the stop light..

Comment

• Pretty much just have to wash the car and pack a few tools and spare parts and I'll be ready to hit the road. Plan is to leave town after work on Wednesday and make it to Salt Lake City. From there it's 20 hours to Drag Week registration/tech on Sunday, so a fairly leisurely drive to be there on Saturday afternoon.

Then on the way home we'll take a drive through the mountains on I-70.

Comment

• I-70 is a prettier drive than I-80 for sure. I bet you will be able to get over the passes much easier than I did in the rental truck hauling my Caprice.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Your trip is a Power Tour and Drag Week all rolled into one - a road trip 'twofer'!

Hmmmm...wonder how they'll route the contestants through/around Chicago?

Drive safe and good luck.
                      Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

• Chicago should be "fun".....

See you in Illinios, Randal!
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

• We're lucky, we get to go through Ferguson AND Chicago! I'm not sure if I'm more worried about the car or the locations!

I-70 is DEFINITELY more scenic, but the drive is more brutal heading east, so we'll take the flat lands east and for the sake of a victory scenic drive the mountain roads west.

Comment

• Did you chain or strap uour rear bumper shocks?

Comment

• No, but my old camp trailer was much heavier than this little DW trailer and I didn't have a problem with it. As long as I'm not trying to make a drag strip pass with it, it ought to be fine. Probably has a minor amount of sticky rust assist as well.

Comment

• Add a trailer safety chain that goes all the way to the frame?
                                My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X