No announcement yet.

The Silver Buick's well Silver Buick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure it works.. Seems we hear of the ones that take longer more..

Comment

• It didn't help they waited until 6pm the night before to even make the shipping label. Had they sent it out the morning after I ordered it, it probably would of made it.

Got the new TPS, but it looked physically beat on already when I opened the box, and doesn't seem to work. I'll try and exchange it at another O'Reillys in the next day or so.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• fun
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Look what I spotted today on my lunch break.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Judging by the look on Mrs. Randal's face all is going reasonably OK.

Hope all are having fun.

Dan

Comment

• Good stuff! Is Randal changing out the TPS?
              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
              74 Nova Project
              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
              79 Chevy Truck Project
              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
                Good stuff! Is Randal changing out the TPS?
                No. He was fiddling with the temp sensor and muttering something about its wiring.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Nice to see all the smiles and the relaxed posture. You'd think they were going to a nice weekend camping trip instead of SIX DAYS OF HELL ON EARTH. Oh wait, that's my experience, yours will be all ponies and rainbows.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• I hope so!

Yes, fiddling with my wiring. I got a TPS sensor in Evanston, WY that when I opened the box it looked pretty beat on and used, and sure enough doesn't seem to work. I'm going to try and return or exchange it this week. In the mean time though, I got the MAP accel and other settings dialed in pretty dang good now. The only real noticeable issue without the TPS is just off idle letting the clutch out. I have to give it a little rev to kick it out of "idle rpm targeting" before letting the clutch out, otherwise it starts to pull timing as I hit the throttle to maintain 800rpm. I'm also a bit less aggressive on the fuel cut and with the elevation changes I've had to adjust the MAP reading to go into closed loop idle, otherwise it sometimes gets stuck at 1,000rpm idle, but again, the only really noticeable effect is just off idle in 1st gear. I got the accel setting to the point I can hit the throttle fast and the AFR's don't go lean at all. So I may just leave it like this until I get home and use the TPS sitting in the mail box right now....

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Hot Rod was periscoping the tech line this morning. I saw the Silver Buick made it at least that far.

Comment

• great to meet you today man!! your car is awesome!

if plans made on the trip home today stand firm, I will be asking you a million and three megasquirt questions ...
                        Charles

Comment

• dang.... I always worry when I see someone's thread pop up when they're on drag week.... glad to see it's just a false alarm
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• How is he doing by the way?

Comment

• My candidate for the fastest Buick-powered Buick there.

Best of Luck, Randal and Bride!

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                                How is he doing by the way?
                                Randal told me he has had a couple of issues(he plans a post-op update) but as he always seems to do, he fixed them and motored on. Randal is like most guys I know, they wanna go faster!

he mentioned the car is pig rich(afr's in the 10s) but he has a plan... like i said, nice guy. I should have stopped to talk to him earlier in the day, but when i saw that he was hooking the trailer up I hustled to at least get a few words with the man, the myth and the legend.

Last edited by 1badmonkey; September 17, 2015, 07:20 PM.
                                Charles

Comment

Working...
                                X