Here's the Crew Cab Chevelle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the Crew Cab Chevelle

Some of the first CarJunkieTV users heard a lot about this one in our tales of Baja. Here's what it looks like.

Re: Here's the Crew Cab Chevelle

that would make a fun beach/highway cruiser. plenty of seating and no climbing to get into the back seat when providing transportation home from the bar. i would have to look at a darker color and all fresh stainless/chrome. maybe something like the impulse blue metallic that was used on the late model GTO's, go air ride on the suspension, and put on some tasteful 17's to keep the ride nice.

Comment

How about zero paint and body work, a budget-built small-block with an 6-71 blower, Cragars, and AirRide? Drive it anywhere any time, run low 12s.

Comment

where is the throwing up smiley?

lol

Comment

The thing totally rocks as is.... complete with the tappet death rattle...

Though the Freaking cotton stuffing HAD to be delt with.. that freaking thing about gagged our ass... as we roared down the highway Wind would come in and shread the stuffing... and it would fly around like a Dust Storm at El Mirage.... got on EVERYTHING... in Everything, Over Everything... so on and so forth....

One each Mexican Blanket and the car was TOTALLy fixed... except that right side passenger door... which I never did get working... Hmmm

K

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
            How about zero paint and body work, a budget-built small-block with an 6-71 blower, Cragars, and AirRide? Drive it anywhere any time, run low 12s.
            how about a 4-71 and keep it all tucked away? a stock column shifted overdrive, big gear and change absolutely nothing appearance wise, or perhaps a home for the LS6? one exaust pipe in the stock location, another under the car no one can see.....sleeper daily driver....cept i think that may have been done in HRM a long time ago? White four door? Screws on the hubcaps to keep them on through tech at the track? Sound familiar?

Comment

471 won't fit under the hood unless you hang it sideways on a straight 6 and it's a V8 car according to the fender badge

I like DF's idea, except for the air ride crap.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Somehow it looks better in the pic than in person; but so do my cars.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

It's everything I imagined it to be! Maybe even less............ Nothing like blending in when south of the border :D
                  Ed

Comment

it's been years since I've been very far south of the border, but in the old days you'd see a lot of mismatched body panels, like a green car with a red fender and blue door.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Oh we blended.... No doubt...

K

Comment

Make this thing your family cruiser! Drop in a late model moter (LS-6?) and transmission, add AC, some power items and a nice stereo, some bucket seats out of a later model car (have to be a junk yard find), redo the interior, body, and paint. Make it so your wife would be proud (and comfortable enough) to put the little guy in the back seat and drive it, but still fun enough for you when you get behind the wheel.

Comment

Some of the first CarJunkieTV users heard a lot about this one in our tales of Baja. Here's what it looks like.

whatever you don't open the trunk!

Comment

Originally posted by kstanbach

whatever you don't open the trunk!
                            You thinkin of "Repo man" with emilio estevaz? ...... I believe that car was a 65-66 Chevy II ?

Comment

It was a malibu sort of like this....1964 though. and the puke gold color instead of puke green.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X