replied
    Re: My 78 Aspen Super Coupe

Ok, I remember that look, I like it.

Leave a comment:

• SpeedJunkee's Carbs
    replied

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
    Cool car. I have always liked the Super Coupes and the Dodge Aspen R/T's. Have you ever seen the original wheels that came on one of these cars? They look similar to a highway patrol wheel painted argent silver, but they have no provision to hold the dogdish style hubcaps. I tried Googling a pic of the wheel but I had no luck.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• SpeedJunkee's Carbs
    replied

Originally posted by rightpedal
    I feel the need to point out the irony in "I'm going to make my next 78 aspen in to a sleeper". ;D

Steve

Well I like these cars and I found out that a low deck big block will bolt right in. The only problem is headers and the power brake booster.

I plan on taking over the world with Aspens..................... :D

Leave a comment:

• rightpedal
    replied

I feel the need to point out the irony in "I'm going to make my next 78 aspen in to a sleeper". ;D

Steve

Leave a comment:

• SpeedJunkee's Carbs
    replied

I had a chance to get a set of original wheels for it, but there not what I am looking for with this car. I might be picking up another Aspen and I plan on making a sleeper out of it. Those air shocks and turbo mufflers has found a new homw in the scrap pile..................

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied

Cool car. I have always liked the Super Coupes and the Dodge Aspen R/T's. Have you ever seen the original wheels that came on one of these cars? They look similar to a highway patrol wheel painted argent silver, but they have no provision to hold the dogdish style hubcaps. I tried Googling a pic of the wheel but I had no luck.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied

Check out those cools Turbo Muffs and Air shocks. Way cool. Can't wait to see more.

Leave a comment:

• SpeedJunkee's Carbs
    replied

Got the car into the shop today for the first time. We set the pinion angle and spot welded it in place, then the rear end came back out to finish welding. While it was out it gave me time to remove some junk and unneeded parts like the smashed exhaust and the rear sway bar that is no longer needed. Hear are a few pictures.

I will have a few more after this weekend!

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

looks great

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    replied

Look pretty good from here but then....... I am 25 miles away, looking thru this Square telascope . lol

Leave a comment:

• SpeedJunkee's Carbs
    replied

I did some trading for the rims, I need to find two decent ones or just get a new set.

Leave a comment:

• tiresmoke!
    replied

No, those ARE his wheels...he's had'em several months now.

Was a full set of BFG's, but one of'em has a busted belt......reason for the Yokohamas on the rear.

Ready to help him get that thing roadworthy.

Leave a comment:

• HoosierGTA
    replied

That looks 100% better already ! You buy wheels already or are they just shop props ?

Leave a comment:

• SpeedJunkee's Carbs
    replied
    Re: Got a New Project Today

Leave a comment:

• SpeedJunkee's Carbs
    replied
    Re: Got a New Project Today

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
    It's on all 4's, maaaaaaaaaan......LOL

The Caltracs suspension components are very nice...........easily worth more than the car itself at this point.

Should be able to handle whatever you throw at it now.
    It's on all 4's
    Thanks for helping out. It might be worth more than the car now, but the rest will catch up!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X