My 78 Aspen Super Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My 78 Aspen Super Coupe

Thinking about selling this car. What do you think it might be worth.

Right now it has a 8 3\4 rear end with a 489 center section. Also has the Calvert's Mono leaf springs with the Cal-Track Bars. All that is needed to make this a driver is some brake line, rear drums (I have new shoes and hardware), and a gas tank. I also have the decals new in a box and another set of window louvers along with a bunch of other spare parts. It has a 318 and a 904 trans in it that does run.

Just wanting a little input, as I am just thinking right now.

Comment

Be strong , stay the course.

Comment

I stopped by and threatened him with the pimp hand...LOL.

SJ, it's your car, do with it as you wish. But I (once again) offer this:

You've went HOW LONG wanting one of these damned things again?

That truck may run and drive right now, but that Poly 318 is on it's last legs...that thing lays down a smoke screen like something from a James Bond movie.

The Bondo is cracking and starting to fall out........and who knows how long the wear components in that front end are gonna last?

You've taken that car from a JY POS, and are making something of it........I'll help with the back brakes(just not tonight, I have an early load time in the AM), and good grief...you've horsetraded to get this far.

A gas tank and shocks, mufflers/pipe, and the rear brakes...and you're good to go.

You'll regret it and I'll hear "Man, why did you let me do that?!"........I'm tellin' ya, keep it!

Comment

Selling that cat would be the equivalent of NASCAR deciding to use a hybrid Camry as a pace car....oh wait.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Precisely....he's discouraged because it's taken longer than he expected.....and the lure of that old Dodge truck being in "driveable" condition is spurring this nonsense on.

Keep it up, I'll start a "kick SJ in the pills if he sells the S/C" thread........seriously my friend, stay the course and see this through.

Comment

Here it is. I can't afford to biuld this car, you are right I am upset about it. But I relize that I can not make this car what it needs to be, so if I sale it hopefully the next person can. The truck is a 64 Dodge D100 it does run and drive, matter as fact I drove it home tonight, but there is not as much that needs to be done to it. Plus I still have a 360 with a set of ported out J heads and a 727 trans. So other words I can drive it for now and biuld the motor and do the small stuff that I can afford.

Chris not to make you mad, but child support is kicking my ass, and I would like to have some extra money to go visit my kids that I have not seen since 2002.

Comment

You have to see the kids....Sucks sometimes but I know quite a few guys in the same position. It is the right thing to do though......Let us know if we can help out.

Seth
                200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
                  You have to see the kids....Sucks sometimes but I know quite a few guys in the same position. It is the right thing to do though......Let us know if we can help out.

Seth
                  You could buy my car...........lol Just kidding.

Right now there is not much to do, I just need to get something driveable so I can move on to a new possible job. Promax has been good to me but I need more money and they cannot give it to me right now. I have a couple offers right now, but they are farther away.

I have a set price on the car and if I can't get that then I will keep it. It should be worth $2000 with the rear end and caltracks and all the other parts I have for it. I also have a Performer Intake and a 600 cfm double pumper carb for it too.

Comment

You'll kick yourself in the dink over and over if you sell it. Keep it up..
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Like I told ya last night, bub, that Aspen will get you to South Carolina a hell of a lot safer and reliably than that old truck would...you keep mentioning the engine swap, but that takes $$$ and other BS that you could put into the car...and that car will more comfortably accomodate children(not to mention it has seatbelts, which the truck does not.)

Guys, I'm going over to help him with brakes on that car tonite........he's lacking those, a gas tank, and rear shocks. These items will put that car back on the road....we'll see.

Comment

Speed, Listen to Chris, the car costs you nothing sitting there. Just do a little at a time. Remimber , you gave up a Vette for that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedJunkee
                          Here it is. I can't afford to biuld this car, you are right I am upset about it. But I relize that I can not make this car what it needs to be, so if I sale it hopefully the next person can. The truck is a 64 Dodge D100 it does run and drive, matter as fact I drove it home tonight, but there is not as much that needs to be done to it. Plus I still have a 360 with a set of ported out J heads and a 727 trans. So other words I can drive it for now and biuld the motor and do the small stuff that I can afford.

Chris not to make you mad, but child support is kicking my ass, and I would like to have some extra money to go visit my kids that I have not seen since 2002.

I have some stories for ya on the Child Support shit.
                          PM me if you wanna talk.

Comment

Bang-Shifters/car junkies.....I just came back from the shop where his car's at, and well......

The left front subframe rail is BAD.

Bad enough the K-member MOVES...that ain't good.

I've put up an A.P.B. on the Gen Discussion board.....if I knew how to weld, I'd have him taken care of no questions asked.

Hopefully someone can answer the "call"...I hate seeing a friend struggle.

Comment

Answered. See other thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X