My 78 Aspen Super Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 78 Aspen Super Coupe

I saved this from suretain doom!!!! It was in the junkyard and I was able to save it. This similier to the car that got me into this hobby. Can't wait to get started on it. It has a 360 in it, with a 904 auto trans bucket seats and console, and a 8 3\4 posi rear end. And it is a Super Coupe.

I will post some more pics later. I couldn't get that many today because of the weather.

Re: Got a New Project Today

What is it?

I can't remember ever seeing one...

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

1978 Dodge Aspen Super Coupe

Comment

neat car, looks solid. plans?

Comment

The only Plan I have right now is to get the rear end under it and finish the body work and get it painted black. The original color was Sable Tan Sunfire Metallic, and that is the color of the door jams but i really dont like that color. I got the strip kit with it and planing on using them. Right now I got another 360 on the stand, not sure what im goin to put in to the motor yet.

Comment

I kinda liked the brown/sable back in the day...will look cool black, dig the flares....

Comment

I still think you're dumber than a bucket of hair for trading off the Corvette for that thing, but good to know you're happy with what you've got.

Get that 8 3/4 cleaned up, new bearings, seals, lube and brakes.....get it back up under the car, and we'll see what you have.

I forgot to ask yesterday when I was over, does that 360 run? That 2-bbl. on it has got to go....LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedJunkee
                The only Plan I have right now is to get the rear end under it and finish the body work and get it painted black. The original color was Sable Tan Sunfire Metallic, and that is the color of the door jams but i really dont like that color. I got the strip kit with it and planing on using them. Right now I got another 360 on the stand, not sure what im goin to put in to the motor yet.
                A 420 stroker is a pretty reasonable option, in todays market.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                  I still think you're dumber than a bucket of hair for trading off the Corvette for that thing, but good to know you're happy with what you've got.

Get that 8 3/4 cleaned up, new bearings, seals, lube and brakes.....get it back up under the car, and we'll see what you have.

I forgot to ask yesterday when I was over, does that 360 run? That 2-bbl. on it has got to go....LMAO
                  They said it does run but I will fool with that after I get the rear end back into it.

Comment

Chris- Dummer than a bucket of hair ....... (LOL) Where do you come up with these..... ?

Comment

Needs a /6 ;) :D. ~OO6.

Comment

I just realized that I have this factory chassis service and body service manual. It's for 77, but I think it's nearly the same as the 78's.
                        Let me know if it's something you can use. Just pay for shipping.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The best thing about that cover is that there is already a brand new 77 Chrysler sitting outside a service bay for work.

HA!

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

if it is the original motor/trans should be an e58 360 (4bbl and "select" components, not kidding, they used better stuff in these motors) and a 727 trans. (yay! no lockup!!!)

good score! i personally see the wise decision making process in trading an old vette for this. You definitely don't see many super coupes anymore! to me, it's the second most desireable of the F-body breed (77 RR SuperPak is first)

Good luck with it! Many cool ways to take it.

Comment

Oh hell, it has the window slats! ;D My brothers first car was a '78 Aspen he got for $600. Pea green, with rusted framerails. Nice find.

Comment

Working...
                              X