Hemi Troubles... Some interesting pic's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemi Troubles... Some interesting pic's

I had posted some pic's in an earlier thread about converting a 440-6pk Aircleaner to fit a 426 Dual quad intake. Some asked for pictures on the car so I stopped by my friend Johns house (Cars owner) to get some pics of the intake on the car. Well it seems that the head studs were not properly sealed during assembly and they were pulling oil into the cylinders during combustion. Fortunately he caught it before it progressed into something worse. Here are some pics of what is actually a 528 Stroker (Sorry John for the misprint). Like many, I can only DREAM of owning a car like this. I guess it's no suprise that with the cost of cars like this I am happy just to have the opportunity to work on it. Currently reworking a gas tank to clear the Dana 60 he put in. The Reinforced back cover is huge. I will post pictures of it as time permits. Rob Wagle

1966 426 Hemi Satellite Car-Minus a sick elephant...

One Table full of goodies...

One Bare Elephant...

Re: Hemi Troubles... Some interesting pic's

Once the bugs are out of it he'll have a blast with it. Along with the studs, hemis like to suck oil through the intake gasket area. Make sure you retorque the intake manifold a couple times and recheck it at every oil change. The valve cover gaskets can also be a problem area, check the lower rear corners for proper fit.
    You don't have to be one easy street to own one. I collected parts, saved all my spare change, did a hundred different side jobs for 10 years and finally built mine. Every time I fire it up I get this stupid grin on my face and there is nothing like the sound of a well tuned Hemi at 7000 rpm. Dave ;D

Comment

Re: Hemi Troubles... Some interesting pic's

Originally posted by quickd100
      Along with the studs, hemis like to suck oil through the intake gasket area. Make sure you retorque the intake manifold a couple times and recheck it at every oil change. The valve cover gaskets can also be a problem area, check the lower rear corners for proper fit.
      I was going to say the same thing. The intake is the most likely candidate. Landy used to glue them on with a LOT of rubber cement.

Comment

Working...
      X