Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Camaro is Capable of Self-Motivation!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Camaro is Capable of Self-Motivation!!!

Like the late Robert E. Peterson, dad is the President Emeritus

HA!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Mmmm, had to look that one up ...

Emeritus (pronounced /ɨˈmɛrɨtəs/) is an adjective that is used in the title of a retired professional. The term is used when a person of importance in a given profession retires, so that his or her former rank can still be used in his or her title. This is particularly useful when establishing the authority of a person who might have to comment, lecture or write on a particular subject.

Comment

About 5000 rpms the car may/may not pull that in a mile.Better to race than to mop a floor.
        terry

Comment

How long you got on the dyno? If I had enough time I'd just walk the rev limiter up till you feel scared then stop as long as its north of what you'll actually use in a race.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I would start at 5000....Then if the power isn't falling off at all and it sounds good put in the 5800 chip.

If the power is falling off there is no point spinning it any higher.

Good Luck and post up the numbers and graph when you get them.

Seth
            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Wayne's has kind of archaic equipment, so I don't know if he can give me a disc. If so, I'll upload the results. If not, I'll just type up the results. I think I'll try the 5K chip. I have the Performance Distributors dist and rev control box (I'll install it tomorrow) and it uses the same chips as the MSD. I'll take the other chips and we can see what works best. I suspect it'll lay down before 5800, but who knows?

Thanks for your interest and input
              Dan

Comment

what does it have for a cam shaft( LIFT)

Comment

Dan
                  I've found the MSD chips to be not soo accurate, don't be surprised if the 5000 chip rev limits at 4500 or 5500 or anywhere in between. Bring several chips so you can experiment.

I agree - start low and see how the engine acts, what the oil pressure does, if there's any intake reversion, etc... then move up the RPM scale as long as things are happy and the torque is climbing or at least staying steady.

Sounds like fun - wish we could perfect this 'beam me up scotty' stuff - and I'd be there to run it with you!
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Here's the cam specs -
                    Intake 220.9 @0.50, valve lift 0.537
                    Exhaust 235.1 @ 0.50, Valve lift 0.575

The valve lift is with a 1:73 rocker. This is a Delta grind, and I suspect is based off someone else's profile. Notice that intake and exhaust duration and lift both vary. Inline sixes with the intake and exhaust on the same side of the head use this kind of profile to help account for the runner deficiencies. With my big intake, I'm not sure if these specs are ideal, but it's a starting point.

Dan

Originally posted by fabricatordave
                    what does it have for a cam shaft( LIFT)

Comment

Working...
                    X