My wifes new project....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wifes new project....

It's a 27 Buick. Talk about a stripped down luxury car. It has a jump seat on the passanger side so people can get in and out of the back set. It also has a vanity directly behind the drivers seat. One of the former owners used it for storing liquor. This is a original 50,000 mile, steel body car with very minimal rust issues. Looks like she'll be spending more time in my shop now. For those wondering, this one will be restored original. I can appreciate a cool hotrod but when it comes to a car this old, when it's this clean and complete, it deserves to be restored....

BTW, it has an original overhead six. This was the first year for the Buick overhead six...........

Re: My wifes new project....

Very Nice....It would be a cool Hot Rod though...

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Comment

That's nice! lotsa wood in those cars, not many are still in that good of shape after all these years.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That is nice. What are her plans for it?
        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

All of the wood in this car is in excellent condition. It's pretty much a complete car (only missing a few pieces) so we are planning an original restoration on it. My wife is thrilled and can't wait to get her hands dirty on this project...

Comment

I thought it would be a '27 NASH ;). ~OO6.

Comment

man thats cool, resorations are OK too

Comment

Save the frame,build a new one . Hot rod it with the new one while you redo the old one. Build you a hoist for lifting thje bodyand you can go back and forth. OK I'm a little nuts.

Comment

I think that's a wonderful project, and I think you have exactly the right idea. Some cars just scream to be preserved, and others are fine to modify at will. This one should be preserved - and driven.

My $0.02
                  Dan

Comment

If it had rust issues and was missing a ton of parts, it would be one thing to hot rod. This one has very little rust and is about 99% complete (came with a bunch of extra parts too) so we felt that it was worth preserving. We've been trying to get as much info about these cars as we can find and After doing some research, we've found that very few of these cars with the back seat vanity have survived. We were only trying to find pictures of an original one or one that had been restored. Looks like we will be attending the Hershy show in a few weeks to see what we can find out about the car and to see if we can get parts or some contacts within the hobby directly related to pre war Buicks. My wife spent the better part of yesterday sorting and cleaning the parts that came with the car. It was kinda funny watching her scrape grease and dirt off the extra generator and starters to prep them for storage. I wasn't sure she had it in her......

Comment

check with the AACA we used to be members when i was a kid
                      lot of good people and rare cars
                      my folks had a 26 chevy landow coupe {was in the movie THE NATURAL}
                      does your/her buick have mechical brakes and no fronts? if it is like our 26 the e-brake is in the drum and the service brake is a band outside they don't stop when wet
                      we made levers to apply both at once thay are cool cars
                      i would restore it wanna rod something find one less there
                      but check with the antique automobile club of America

Comment

A good friend of mine lives in Carlisle PA and is into early Buicks, especially the '27s. He has a few '27-28 Master 6 Roadsters, and his first car, a '40 Buick Coupe that is all original including the paint. He may be able to help with parts, advice, or sources. He is kind of eccentric, but knows alot of people in the Northeast that have an interest in early Buicks. Let me know if you want his contact info.

Comment

Beautifull car and a real piece of American motoring history - I applaud you for restoring it.

Digging up information on the vehicle will be a task in and of itself. I'm sure you'll enjoy the journey.

Do you know what the original color scheme was?

A bar in the backseat - CLASSIC! -- no wonder so few of them survived -- too many drunk driving accidents?
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                          X