1961 Olds 88 2 Dr Sedan sneak preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1961 Olds 88 2 Dr Sedan sneak preview

Wow another sweet score........gives it a full custom/lead sled look just for $50.00 by just snapping them on......now if I knew what they called those chrome eyelid visors for the headlights........... :D
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

I dig them.....Just paint them up.

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Never cared for skirts - and I was there for them when they were first popular. But "Every man to his own taste", said the old lady as she kissed the cow (one of Mom's old expressions!). Great score for the $$ in any case. Foxcraft was probably the biggest maker of these, and they made 'em for almost everything. I think they also were the ones who made the semi-custom bubble skirts that had to be tweaked but basically were formed with "The Look".

Dan

Comment

bad ass, looks goot , not a fan of fender skirts either(think its the whole skirt thing) but its a cool old school thing though to have .

Comment

skirts are bitchin paint em leave em on

Comment

The Olds is doing yard ornament duty right now, in the rain. I'm leak checking it. The trunk is bone dry. The windshield leaks at the top center. I fired it up today, still hits on the first turn. I'm currently detailing my messy shop, thanks to my girlfriend it's looking really good. I also got a free riding lawn mower in there that my sister gave me, I had to do a bunch of work to it. I'm going to flip it on craigslist. My bro in law also gave me a 94 Honda CR250R, It's been outside for awhile, I''m keeping that. Soon as everything is cleaned up I'll be working on a 74 Dodge Challenger. Hope to get back on the Olds after the first of the year. Maybe sooner, I'm off till the 5th.Heres some pics.

61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

We're not starting on the Challenger until Monday and i got my other projects caught up. So I decided to do some detailing around the taillights on the Olds. I was having a little bit of a Starfire flashback since they have an aluminum tail panel ands these taillights. These lights are also on the Super 88 (4 barrel engine). I used an aluminum spray bomb. I took all the chrome apart and detailed it.I may have to go back with the white depending how it looks in the day light.
                BEFORE

AFTER

61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

Super 88 / Starfire and Dynamic 88

Comment

I like the skirts, now to just drop the roofline a bit; put some 20s on there; lower it; tub it.... the Challenger can wait ;D
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Taillight panel looks cool!

Comment

Nice job.............it really enhances the "space age rocket look" that designers were into back then................leds would be sweet too............
                        That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Didn't even make it out of the garage before I decided to go back with the white, The taillights were OK but the silver aluminum didn't work for me today. It was easy enough since I saved all the paper. MERRY CHRISTMAS everybody!

Comment

I personally thinks the original tail lights looked good.Its a low level version,and i like the uniqueness with it.The change from silver to white did good in my eyes.Merry christmas to you too ;)

Comment

I think the original taillights are pretty cool too but they are really faded. I'm sure they will make it back as soon as I find some nice lenses. I just drove it about 20 miles to a friends house, it needs to have some holes in the exhaust system fixed real soon or I'll be taking a permanent nap. After putting a couple of quarts af transmission fluid in it , it shifts really good. The speedo cable broke and I was loosing fuild out of were it screws in.

Comment

love the 2dr post cars! :P

Comment

Working...
                                X