1961 Olds 88 2 Dr Sedan sneak preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This laptop is trashed cant post any pics. I'l Try and fire up my old one
    61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

• First, CONGRATS on getting married. Even though you two have been together a long time, I'll bet it's "different" - I know it was for ME and me. Rock On!

Great to get an update on the Olds, too. LOVE that car!

Dan

Comment

• Congratulations on getting married! Looking forward to future posts!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Congreats on getting Hitched. To be honest, it might be easier to get to a new laptop.They are cheap now and i seem to remember a really good optioned out one in staples for $400 bucks.
          "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

• Here is a picture of the sway bar from www.fabcraftmetalworks.cool and the control arms from www.spohn.net

61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

• we use Spohn rear control arms on our Avalanche and have been very impressed by their quality and performance for over a year now!

I looked at a few pictures from the beginning of the thread and am equally impressed by the Oldsmobile's progress in you and your better half's capable hands!
              Last edited by silver_bullet; December 28, 2015, 06:05 PM.
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• To add to the party, I just scored a parts car that is suppose to be delivered tomorrow for 350.00 !! 4 door sedan AC car, no eng or trans but lots of options. Can't wait to see what I got. I've only seen a few pics of it but It has stuff that I need. . It was my wife's idea to find one so we can do the frame blast and powder coating when we get to that point.

Comment

• OUTSTANDING!!!
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• So the parts car was a pretty good score, It was a rusty bucket from CA if you can believe it, coastal car. The seller removed a nice set of original black and gold CA plates before he delivered it and kept a window switch (dirty move) anyway this car was optioned out with AC, power windows,tinted glass (back glass fits mine) 6 way power front seat, clock, radio with knobs, power rear antenna (works! ) Vacuum trunk release, trunk light nice after market retractable front seat belts. Parts I can use or sell: Front and rear bumpers, grille and head light surrounds, front fender patch panel for my old fender, 2 speed wiper, brake booster and vac tank, AC dash parts, front clip mounting hardware, SS wiper arms, speedo cluster, turn signal switches, rear floor pans seat springs, rear deck lid and hard to find chrome trim, door handles inside and out ,gas tank and sender, rear end with 3:08s ,brake drums ,4 original wheels AND, what i really need and it's the only rust free parts on the body, both lower rear quarter panel "skegs" !

Comment

• On the upgrade end, I have the control arms on,the modified sway bar mounts are done and the gas tank still fits, I had to repair a busted upper shock mount so i bugger welded it really good but it ain't pretty. I had to relocate the lower shock mounts outboard about 2 1/2" but they clear. Now I'm just putting in all new grade 8 bolts that i got awhile back when i was on my bolt buying binge. I replaced the gas tank sender with another used one i had and hope it works, If not I found a place that rebuilds them. The last thing to do is to install the 3:42 one legger i have to try out. I'll post some pics later.

Comment

• Is the frame salvageable from what you can see? at least you got enough parts to make the investment worth it!
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Iīm glad this has resurfaced, lost track and couldīnt find it.
                          Canīt wait for more updates.

Comment

• Big block, big car, 4 speed manual (hell, even 3 speeds were ok) There is just something about them!

Comment

• Love this car! Cool that you got a parts car with some needed bits - not cool the seller took some parts and didn't disclose it.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• The rear sway bar and control arms was a really good investment this thing is gluedto the Road. The 342 Gearsmade a really big difference but I thinkod I should try for tens just for fun. I've been dismantling the parts car and I found some more goodies and having it also solves a few puzzles I had. I drove it on 150 mile round-trip the other day and that thing is tight comma no rattles or squeaks or vibrations. I will post more updates as they come

Comment

Working...
                                X