1961 Olds 88 2 Dr Sedan sneak preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NASBackyard View Post
    Well ,I moved to a bigger house and a smaller garage and the Olds is outside. The wife and I drove it today to town. It's just standing by on back up duty until I can get back on it. It still runs and drives well but has a small hole in the manifold were the engine dropped down on the steering box and poked a small hole in it because the mounts settled and caused it. Will check in again soon.
    SO good to hear from you! But where are your priorities - I mean, a SMALLER shop??!!

Good to know that the Olds is still with us. Hope you have the time to work with him/her.

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post

everyone knows the easy fix for that is a nasty 455 olds and a muncie 4spd....
      I believe the 394 has more torque stock than the 455.. And this aint a stocker..
      Page 43, #693 or something..
      Last edited by Deaf Bob; July 10, 2017, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Well I've been out of the loop for a while burned through another marriage ,couple of houses, 30 year job, and a huge chunk of change. But, after a bit of restructuring I've got a new job, a new. Awesome girl, and the ultimate new man cave, 1200 square feet in a warehouse with everything I own including myself. Motorcycles at my front door and my car is parked to the left. The Oldsmobile has been through a few changes in doing massive burnouts i smoked the centerforce clutch and aluminum flywheel metal plate and slip-on throw out bearing. I've recently installed new flywheel surface ,McLeod 11 inch Street strip clutch with bolt-on hydraulic release bearing gave my car a little race car vibe with some Sharpies and stencils. The wheels are from mid 80s Chevy truck and I bought some cheap tires from Pep Boys I did find some problems with my original install of my clutch I did not have any dowel pins in the block to line up my bellhousing and it wrecked havoc on the pilot bushing and Associated parts. At this point everything is dialed in and I've been driving it to work 45 miles round trip and it runs flawlessly I made Solid rear engine mounts because the old rubber ones caved in it doesn't vibrate at all. I see Scott L on Facebook all the time and it keeps reminding me to check in here. I lost all my pictures because they were downloaded to tinypic so hopefully technology has come a little further and I can post right from my phone or tablet we will see. Oh did I tell you I live in a junkyard we specialize in 60 to 2010 Dodge truck but we have a whole slew of AMC Rambler Nash and miscellaneous junk I've known my landlord for 35 years and lived here 30 years ago and I've come full circle back to my roots LOL my new girlfriend even digs it. I came across the 9 by 22 foot walk in freezer so I set that up for a storage it works out well for my tools and everything. Glad to see the project still moving on here you guys keep up the good work!
        61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

• Good to see you back in the loop man! You can't keep a good man down.
          Oh and keep those pictures coming.

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• More pitchers! Er.... I mean, pictures. I agree, great to see you back.

Dan

Comment

• always was a favorite project, welcome back!

Comment

• Attached Files
                  61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

• Been out of circulation for a while but the Oldsmobile is doing well I've got about 6,500 mi on it I ended up putting in a new McLeod clutch and bolt on release bearing after smoking the last one doing burnouts. I recently bought a scare bird disc brake conversion kit and all the parts from RockAuto to upgrade the front disc brakes and I'm currently working on mounting the power booster and master cylinder I should be retiring in the next couple of years so I will get this thing moving soon I still drive it whenever I can I painted it up like an old race car to hide all the imperfections and still having a lot of fun with it. I took it on a 600 mile road trip last year and it was a blast. More updates to come

Comment

Working...
                    X