1961 Olds 88 2 Dr Sedan sneak preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 1961 Olds 88 2 Dr Sedan sneak preview

I'm not much on the skirts,but to each his own! I love that car for sure though.

Comment

os*I haven't been around here in a while and lsot track of some of the projects. This is on of my favorites and am very excited to read you're aactualy driving it. The skirts are cool, and a whole different look to an already unique car...can't wait to see more

Comment

Nice car 427belair! Post cars are way cooler than hardtops. Joe, thanks ,I really enjoyed doing what I have so far. After the Challenger I got all over my son's Ventura and basically did the same thing to the floor and interior as the Olds. It's alot cleaner though. I used paint instead of rust bullet . I actually got him to help, he will be 18 on Tuesday so I told him Happy Birthday on the car and interior work. The car started out at 250.00 but now it's over 1000 with new transmission and tires. But it's perfect for a new driver. The Olds is going to get all the windows rolling up and down with new felts as soon as Income Tax returns.

I remember when we were loading this I said to myself, "what the hell did I buy another POS for"?
        Then I got it home and said the same thing

61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

That is one nice trailer. (already complimented you on your car)
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneshrink
            That is one nice trailer. (already complimented you on your car)
            Yes it is. It is one high quality piece, it belongs to my friend Jeff. My car was rhe first to get a ride on it. He bought it to haul his 69 Ply RR race car on .
            61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

I've been lusting after an aluminum trailer. Not high enough on the priority list, though - and my old steel one is OK.

Dan

Comment

I just got my sons Ventura out of the shop after a week. I painted the floor, installed some seat covers ,detailed the console and also installed some low budget carpet. I bought a 40" x 60" area rug from WalMart and cut it in half. Looks just like auto carpet. Might do that to the Olds. Heres a pic of the carpet FYI (16.00) front only. NOW I can get back to the Olds. Noticed the shifter moving when I gunned it. thought maybe broken motor mounts. So I got it in the shop and tried out my new Aluminum Racing Jack on it (2 ton Harbor Freight 27 mo. warranty 207.00 out the door) Theres NO bolts in the rear mounts ,all 4 are gone, missing. My crossover pipe has 2 holes in it also I'm going to patch with some Por Patch and fiberglass mat. Then I need to do something with my rear springs, probebly make some spacers to lift it a little. That lower control arm bushing looks a little worn..............

Comment

Everytime I see that car it gets cooler....Keep it going....Badass.

Seth
                  200 mph or bust.......

Comment

X2.

Comment

Beautiful car. Nice job working on it! I like it a lot.
                      President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Thanks. It looks like the crossover pipe is toast. It looks like it needs dual exhaust but i need to check with my Olds boneyard and see if I need a different manifold for the dr side. This one has a front dump and won't work with duals.I'm going to have to take a ride up to Redbluff and get some more Olds goodies before I can proceed. Anyway, I parked it on the other side of the house and decided to tinker with my 68 Firebird. I need to pull the so called rebuilt Muncie I bought on e-bay a few years ago and have it checked out. When it gets fully warmed up it won't shift unless you turn off the engine. It also has a new Hurst shifter that also gets jammed up. Thats why I parked it over a year ago. Now I'm ready to tackle it again. It's nice to have choices. These dam cars are like drugs, Let's see I got my Ventura fix last week, a shot of Olds today, now I'm going to mainline some Firebird the rest of the week! I'll get back to the Olds later. Wow, I'm getting high just thinking about it. Oh, I quit all the real stuff almost 15 years ago. Heres the FB for your viewing pleasure.

Comment

Dig those turbines.....too cool......

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                            Dig those turbines.....too cool......
                            My late brother bought those new in 1980, they are made by Cragar. He really wanted those Aluminum wheels with the criss cross webbing but he couldn't find any.

Comment

Were those mags anything like these here on this page at this link:

Where I stayed in Alabama we used to buy these at a store called OTASCO(Oklahoma Tire & Supply CO) later bought out by Western Auto.
                              That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by NAS Backyard
                                These dam cars are like drugs, Let's see I got my Ventura fix last week, a shot of Olds today, now I'm going to mainline some Firebird the rest of the week! I'll get back to the Olds later. Wow, I'm getting high just thinking about it. Oh, I quit all the real stuff almost 15 years ago.
                                LOL, me too. You're right about it though!! Better to get your fix on cars. ;D
                                President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X