I present to you the MALIBU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I present to you the MALIBU

Dave and I drove this 1971 chevelle malibu through high school. My Dad decided to restore it back to a driver. The concept was to have a clean look, not alot of chrome and have killer paint and body to let the lines of the car speek for themselves. My dad also wanted it to handle and drive like a new car. The front suspension is full Global West tubular upper and lowers with eibach springs, close ratio camaro steering box and bmr swaybar. The rear has full BMR tubular upper and lower arms with adjustable uppers and matching sway bar. The springs need to settle more, it has about another 2 inches to drop which will make it about perfect.The car is not finished we still have alot of work to do. We just picked it up from the restoration shop. The shop did the paint and body work. My Dad, brother and I assembled the rolling chassis and will be completeing the interior, heat and air, wiring and fuel system. The car has 4 wheel disc brakes a 433cui dart pro1 headed big block with a small custom crower solid roller cam. The trans is build 4l60 gm unit with a percision industries vigalanty(sp) 3500 lock up stall. The rear is a 3.55 posi 10 bolt. Here is some pictures of the body. The sun would not coroporate so its hard to see the actual color but I think you'll get the point that it is a different color from every angle.

Re: I present to you the MALIBU

I love it, the paint, the wheels, the big block. Nice.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'm a sucker for '70-'72 Chevelles('71's and '72 in particular...the rear bumper and tailights are just cool)

This is a damn nice one...

Comment

Sorry about the picture size I couldnt get them to shrink down enough.

Comment

damn thats pretty, color is amazing, the wheels fit the car well.....nice work

Comment

Very very nice. Great color, it will look graet when the height comes down a bit. I love the stock satin black undercarraige and engine bay!! Do you have any idea what paint they used for that. Couldn't help but notice the So-Al Special trailer.

Comment

OK...now I feel bad, looking at my '73, then at pics of that beauty.

Car is awesome, the underside almost too pretty to drive. Damn fine job.
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I'm predicting a severe rear end leak emanating from the cover area...

Comment

Originally posted by evenmadderdawg
                  I'm predicting a severe rear end leak emanating from the cover area...
                  The rear will be just fine. It will never hook up on the street so it will live. The tranny on the other hand is questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by 62-impala-ss
                    Very very nice. Great color, it will look graet when the height comes down a bit. I love the stock satin black undercarraige and engine bay!! Do you have any idea what paint they used for that. Couldn't help but notice the So-Al Special trailer.
                    The undercarraige is just standard automotive paint the wheel wells are semi gloss undercoat so they dont chip. Not shure of the brand.

The trailer is Turks old ragg. Its beat but always gets the job done. Dave left the stickers on for the nostalgia look.lol

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                      OK...now I feel bad, looking at my '73, then at pics of that beauty.

Car is awesome, the underside almost too pretty to drive. Damn fine job.
                      The underside and engine bay were done in the flat black b/c it is very easy to touch up. This is going to get alot of miles put on it so it will get a few chips along the way.

Comment

Itīs a beautiful looking car, top and bottom.
                        Just wondering....................how you going to stop it ?
                        ;D

I donīt think cars are that clean underneath straight out of the factory new !!

Comment

Originally posted by malc
                          Itīs a beautiful looking car, top and bottom.
                          Just wondering....................how you going to stop it ?
                          ;D

I donīt think cars are that clean underneath straight out of the factory new !!
                          We had the stock 15inch wheels on it and the 1994 camaro rear discs wouldnt fit. The resto shop couldnt stand looking at such a good looking car with some ugly dirty stock wheels. So we brought the new wheels to satisfy them. lol

The rear brakes will be on shortly. The fronts are stock discs. I'll get some chassis pictures up tonight.(with no body on)

Comment

Mike,

WOW !! That car is awesome.
                            I can't believe Dave and you were lucky enough to get to drive that car through High School. Totally bitchin' !
                            I had a '67 Chevelle SS that I was restoring (when someone offered me the deal that I couldn't refuse, but now wish I had) and just love those lines. Great concept with less chrome too.

I bet Seth will goo his pants when he sees this ...

: )

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                              Mike,

WOW !! That car is awesome.
                              I can't believe Dave and you were lucky enough to get to drive that car through High School. Totally bitchin' !
                              I had a '67 Chevelle SS that I was restoring (when someone offered me the deal that I couldn't refuse, but now wish I had) and just love those lines. Great concept with less chrome too.

I bet Seth will goo his pants when he sees this ...

: )
                              When we had it, it was blue with black stripes with a weak small block. It ran 13.99 all day long. The engine had 250k on it and 200 pass' at the drag strip. It was truly beat down hard, but we love the thing to death and would never get rid of it. Id second mortgage my house if my dad ever had to sell the car. You'll see alot more of it next racing season at maxton. It should be close to finished be then and he's going to drive it down their for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X