Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I present to you the MALIBU

Originally posted by miketblsr
    You'll see alot more of it next racing season at maxton. It should be close to finished be then and he's going to drive it down their for sure.
    Cool, I can't wait to check out that paint in person.

Also, thanks for the story. I love hearing the background of gearheads and their cars ...

Comment

OOOooooohhhhh......That is BadAss......I love it. Steve was right.

That thing is perfect. Can't wait to see it at Maxton.....So Cool.

Good Work Guys.

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

NICE PAINT!

sheesh - I'd be afraid to drive it now - I've never had a car that nice underneath - let alone on top.

Way way cool.

my arch rival in auto shop in highschool had a chevelle similar to that - as was typical in those days - we never had both our cars running right at the same time - so we never did race.... great memories none the less.

Excellent job on the body and paint - how many coats of clear did you lay on that thing - a zillion?
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
          NICE PAINT!

sheesh - I'd be afraid to drive it now - I've never had a car that nice underneath - let alone on top.

Way way cool.

my arch rival in auto shop in highschool had a chevelle similar to that - as was typical in those days - we never had both our cars running right at the same time - so we never did race.... great memories none the less.

Excellent job on the body and paint - how many coats of clear did you lay on that thing - a zillion?
          Thats the funny part it only has 1 coat of clear. LOL

It only 2 stage paint. The car has about 10 coats of primer that were blocked by hand to get it smooth and straight between each coat. The only thing done was a color sand before and after each stage of paint was applied. The shop that did the paint and body only doe it one way, that Their way or the Highway. They do it right the first time, if you dont like the price then they wont touch it. But for the results you get it is still less then what the equivlent work would cost somewhere else. They are more then reasonable. Every car that comes out of that shop looks just as good as that. In november they are having a cusomer appriciation day and there will be 300 cars that look as good as that all in one place. It should be a really good time.

Comment

BTW, I noticed that your byline says "2.5L turbo pinto engine assembly in progress ".
            Have you got a carriage to stuff it in yet ??

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
              BTW, I noticed that your byline says "2.5L turbo pinto engine assembly in progress ".
              Have you got a carriage to stuff it in yet ??
              I am in the process of repairing the swiss cheese the was a floor!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evenmadderdawg
                I'm predicting a severe rear end leak emanating from the cover area...
                The rear will be just fine. It will never hook up on the street so it will live. The tranny on the other hand is questionable.
                I think he was picking on the 3 bolts holding the cover on. (:P

Car looks awesome. There are many cars who's top doesn't look as cool as your bottom side.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by joebogey
                  Originally posted by evenmadderdawg
                  I'm predicting a severe rear end leak emanating from the cover area...
                  The rear will be just fine. It will never hook up on the street so it will live. The tranny on the other hand is questionable.
                  We wanted to leave it dry until the last minute so we can keep it from rusting. Gear oil traps moisture and causes rust if you dont roll it around to circulate the fluid. We had to rebuild it once already from this problem and dont want to do it again!!!!!

I think he was picking on the 3 bolts holding the cover on. (:P

Car looks awesome. There are many cars who's top doesn't look as cool as your bottom side.

Comment

dude sweet ride man.

side note: if you want to do something sweet with that trans get a 4l80e or 60e and look into a compushift trans controller that thing is bad ass and totally programmable (no no laptops needed). i have used these setups on a few cars now that are laying 500-600 rwhp and having no issues at all.

Comment

Originally posted by shaun callaway
                      dude sweet ride man.

side note: if you want to do something sweet with that trans get a 4l80e or 60e and look into a compushift trans controller that thing is bad ass and totally programmable (no no laptops needed). i have used these setups on a few cars now that are laying 500-600 rwhp and having no issues at all.
                      Its going to get a 4l80 when the 60 shits the bed. Its not if its when. The 4l60 that in it was behind a buddys lt1 car the made 550trq to the wheels so it should last a while. The car wont be beat on very much but it should burn the tires at will.

Comment

Awesome ride Mike. I love the color you picked out. That thing looks more mint than most new cars I've seen.

Great job!
                        Tampa, FL

Comment

sweet

Comment

Working...
                          X