• Show
Clear All

Re: Pinto parts update

need a Nazi fire suit....man that would go over like a fart in church

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
      need a Nazi fire suit....man that would go over like a fart in church
      You just gave me a great idea for a 24 Hours of LeMons car...

Comment

I'm getting a bad feeling that I've triggered something that will end badly here.

This feels exactly like the time I made that comment about offing Archduke Ferdinand.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I hate Illinois Nazis, but I LOVE Pinto wagons. Not sure why but I always have since I was a kid.
          Especially the ones with the little circular window in the back. Like my Javelin, they have all gone the way of the do do.
          A Turbo Pinto wagon, wow!

Comment

Cool project you have there.
            I have a fuel injected turbo Pinto wagon. Real fun car. Does mid thirteens at over 100 mph with the stock 13" wheels.

Comment

Your youtube videos have actually inspired me to do this project. I cant wait to get it done.

Comment

Cool project and LMAO at the Pinto in front of the 350z. :D :D :D :D :D
                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

That Pinto rocks!
                  Just think, if you win in a drag race against a pinto... big deal, nobody cares.
                  Now if a Pinto beats you.... OUCH! :o

I have an SRT4 (Neon), kinda the same deal, I love it.
                  Cheers
                  Mike

Comment

Thanks.

Mikeitblsr, glad the videos were some inspiration. One of the problems with it being a sleeper is it has a rep of being a lot faster than what it is. No one wants to race it. :-\ I started with a 79 wagon. I found too much rust when I really started digging into it and decided to stop where I was and find a solid car to do the swap. Im looking forward to more updates.

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick
                      Just think, if you win in a drag race against a pinto... big deal, nobody cares.
                      Now if a Pinto beats you.... OUCH! :o
                      The first time I took my car to test and tune night at the local 1/8 mile track the first car I lined up with was a PINTO that ran almost three seconds quicker than my daily driver street car. It had huge slicks and a large pro stock aero hood scoop and ran really low in the sixes.

Deron

Comment

One of my mentors in school had a cleveland powered pinto - back halfed car that was deadly consistant. He put a throttle stop on it to keep it in the sportsman class. It would run 12.05 - 12. 10 pretty much all day long.

It was a junkyard engine, warmed up with a cam intake and headers, and a junkyard C4 he rebuilt and put a good converter in front of.

The thing still had stamped steel non adjustable rockers, single point distributor, hydraulic cam with springs to match, nothing fancy.

I think the most work he had to do to that car was oil pans - if he did too aggressive of a dry hop out of the burn out box, he'd pull the front end too high and come down on the pan! OUCH. Thankfully he never killed an engine doing that.

Unfortunately he sold the car without asking if I wanted to buy it.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                        X