47 CHEVY PANEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 CHEVY PANEL

This is my first post so I would like to say howdy. Plus I thought someone might like this.

So this panel came in the shop last night. It's a job now let me give you the run down on this baby. Somebody put a 1st gen Camaro under it and they did a shitty job. The front end runs down hill so the anti dive is gone. When the guy got the truck the old owner told him "Man we had a big block in here" you be the judge.Oh yeah the dottom of the chassis was 15.5" off the ground.

After alittle plasma action we set the panel at ride height.

I'll post some more later.

Re: 47 CHEVY PANEL

Yikes!! Scary.

What's with the gatorade bottles bungied to the bumper brackets? Shin savers?
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
      What's with the gatorade bottles bungied to the bumper brackets? Shin savers?
      That would be my guess. I'll have to make some of those for my frame because I'm constantly walking into it.

Scary is right. Looks like a really clean body though.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

it's amazing what some people with a welder and some steel can think is a good idea.

I've seen some scary attempts and narrowing a rear frame to make room for big tires - but that right there takes the cake for an epic fail in design.... wow.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Yikes!

Looks like something you'd find on a Latvian hay wagon. Where were the oxygen tanks stored so the operator did not get light headed with it's original stance?

Welcome to the party and keep us informed on un-fing this thing.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I drove a 47 Chevy Panel from KY to CA back in 81 when I was 19 and stationed in the Navy. It had a 235 with a 3 sp and open drive that i put in it. Never went the subframe route on my 47 or 53. I'll dig up a pic and post later. Heres my 53 Suburban I owned for 23 years. Sold it in 2005 to do my 69 RR.
            61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

NICE!
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Nice suburban, Tim!

And the subframe job on that panel actually isn't too bad for something done a long time ago...my guess is it was probably done in the 70s. Looks plenty strong, just ugly. Things were different back then, you know.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Welcome! I'm anxious to see the progress you make on the truck. It looks better already!

Comment

That is butt ass ugly..........

I put a 78 nova clip on my '54 GMC frame - see pix..

Comment

That is some amazing welding; amazing that it held together since the 70s... I suppose they should get some points for a clever way to store scrap metal until the price went up ;D
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

WTF, man some people...even I am not that stupid

Comment

Looks better down in the weeds 8).Nice project.A friend had a 51 model,that were restored 15 years ago.It had been satnding for a while and some kids had crushed the glass in the rear doors,so they were welded shut.

Comment

Would have looked even neater sans drip rail.

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

this is my buddys ronnys panal and my other buddy garys pick up right before they finished it i love that body style specialy with a good chop
                              ya no drip rails helps lots too lol
                              the panal has a built 292 with 2 carbs and split header with a 5 speed the pik up has a nova sub with a built small block but it is coming out this winter to get lil nastier

Comment

Working...
                              X